Looking for opinions....

PLAINWHITE T

Tree peddler
I've been working on and off on my white W02 '86 T Type the past two years and am finally to the point that I'm on wheels and tires. What I've got is some stock chrome '86/'87 GN wheels. I've always liked the look of these wheels and this is strictly a street car. I purchased some "stretched" 15x8's for the rear from a board member here. I've also got my tires 225/60 (front) 255/60 (rear) and am looking to have them mounted next week. They are BF Goodrich T/A radials.

I can't decide so I'm taking a poll:

White letters in or white letters out??? :confused:

Thanks!

Blackwalls out. Unless you are stuck in the 80's, it's a cleaner look. In my opinion, if you want white letters out, you may as well jack up the rear end and let the tires stick out an inch or two past the wheel wells. ;)

You asked ..... ;)

I like the white letters out on the factory rims. Since these are 80's cars, they still look good..... Not a fan of white letters on new cars, though.

A white T-Type with GN wheels is kind of unusual but, might look good with the white letters out. By the way, those 225s on the front (at 25.6") are just a smidgen shorter than the original tire diameter of 26.1 inches and will give a slight rake with the 255s on the back which are over 27".

You might have matched them a little better going with 235s on the front and 245s on the back. Unless you prefer a little rake, that is. :biggrin:

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck................I was going to say that you are showing your age but the simple fact that you are asking this question makes me think you have some "fly" still in ya!!!!!!!!:biggrin: J/K!!

WHITE LETTERS ARE LAME!!!!!!!