Looking for Info on Mease Performance

dynomarcjack

As some of you know, my husband, Eric Schertz owned Dynotech Performance and passed away in May. In addition to to finalizing the work in the shop and liquidating the shop's tools and stock, he had three cars that I have been trying to sell. Two of his three cars are spoken for, but the third car is his 1987 White TType which he has owned since 1990.

Two years ago he gave it to Keith Mease to have work done on it In addition to giving him the car he gave him a great deal of money and parts to work on the car.

There have been many people who have been helping me to sell his cars and inventory in his shop. I appreciate all the help I have received from the friends that are honoring his memory. They don't need to be named here, they know who they are. My kids and I would not be surviving without their support.

The one person who has not been supportive of me and my sons, Jack and Marc is Keith Mease. I have been in touch with him since my husband passed away as have a close friend of Eric's in trying to get his car back .

Keith stopped returning our phone calls two weeks ago and at thiis point I am turning it over to my lawyer to get his car back in my possession.

I am not sure if the address I have for him is valid. I am asking for assistance from anyone who may have a current address for Keith Mease. This car was my husband's first Buick and anyone who has any information that can help me would be greatly appreciated.

Thansks to everyone who has given me and my sons their support.

Liz Schertz

Yes, I am in possession of the title. I have tried to work things out with Keith to get the car back since my husband passed away we talked back and forth for awhile, but now he is just ignoring me. My hopes are that he still has the car and did the work on it that Eric paid for. I just want it back so I can put it back together. He also gave him a lot of parts that I probably won't see, but I will just be happy to get the car back.

Liz Schertz

I am surprised there has not been more response. The reason I asked about the title is if you can show clear ownership, it should be possible to get the car back or some remedy.

Are there any other documents that show the car was turned over in the expectation of repair and return? Possibly an invoice or something. These should help your lawyer. I am, however, afraid it will become a matter for your lawyer to handle.

I would have to believe he has not sold the car, any buyer would want clear title. Short of forgery there is no way he could have obtained it, and if that is the case surely it can be prosecuted.

Liz, it's Artie that used to work for you/Eric. Send me all the info you have, I may be able to help.

Hi Artie,

I will send you whatever info I have tomorrow or Monday when I am at the shop. Still working on getting things closed out there.

Thanks.....Liz

Why not just report it stolen and tell the police where it is at? I mean, if he has the car, you've told him you want it back and he refused, then that's what the situation is. Trust me, there is absolutely no reason to treat Keith Mease as anything other than a con artist. He WILL (as I'm sure you know) steal from you if you let him. Good luck. james

Keith Mease

Yes, I am finding that out. My husband, Eric, was one of the few people who still believed in him and defended him until the end. Even though he has had his car for two years (with lots of money and parts given to him). When my husband first passed away, Keith acted like nothing but a friend. Now I see that he has no conscience. I have two young sons on top of resolving my husband's business with no income as Keith knows, but obviously doesn't care, so I have retained a lawyer. It's sad that someone could be so cruel, especially when he has young children of his own...to treat me and my family in this manner. Thanks for your support and hopefully this matter will be resolved soon. This car was his first GN that he bought when he was 22 years old and it is his baby so I will not let it go to someone that does not deserve it.

Time for a road trip.. @ 15 min from here.. Had to do the same thing couple of years ago over some tires and wheels.. If he hasnt moved!! Was in Pennsville??Have trailer if needed.. 302 293 6031 Wayne

Wayne, awesome gesture, if you would do that for Liz and get the car back to her I will cover your fuel and expenses, let me know
Mike Licht

Not a problem.. Anyone checked with Mease's brother here on this board?? Send him a pm too!! Forgot his name..

Liz, this is Claude ...I know what you're dealing with...I was involved in this whole story when it began almost three years ago when I asked Eric to build a new engine for my GN. At the time, Eric also wanted to have some work done on his engine and thought it would be a good idea to go to Keith Mease since the guy had quite a good reputation at the time. Unfortunately, it didn't turned out that way and we (both Eric and I) quickly discovered that the guy was a jerk, was dishonest and was lying all the time. Eric kept calling him again and again for months to ask about our parts...Often, Mease didn't bother to pick up the phone...and when he did, all he was saying were lies and promises but no work had ever been done or ever begun on our engines. I was feeling bad because I knew it wasn't Eric's fault and that he was now doing all he could just to get our parts back!!...It eventually turned out that I was lucky that I was able to get my parts back from him, but after all this time, I now understand that Eric still hadn't got his parts or the whole car back!...:eek: I wasn't aware until now that Mease had Eric's car, not only the engine...
Liz, I know I'm not very close, but still, I'd like to do my part to help ...If you can locate the car but don't have any means to bring it home, I'm offering you to go pick it up with my enclosed trailer and bring it back home or wherever you'd like to have it. Eric always went to great lenghts to help me with my car, and this is the least I can do to help you if you'd like...Call me or e-mail me if you need anything...:wink:

Claude des Trois Maisons
(514) 918-6421
e-mail: toofastforyou@sympatico.ca

P.S: Below is a picture of Eric's car next to mine in the pit at Englichtown, NJ

Thanks Mike, Wayne and Claude. I do have people here that would help me get the car and I have Eric's old trailer, but I don't think going there is going to help since he won't call me. I am just going to have to go after him legally and I have some assistance with that. I am pretty confident that I have a good address for him now. Will keep you posted. Anyone that knows Eric knows that this was his baby. He bought in 1990 when I first met him. It isn't something I will part with easily.

Thanks again.

Liz

Lets all get on board and send Keith emails till he's overwhelmed Ive just sent him 12 at keith@mpefab.com He will get the point, I just asked him to give her back Erics car. Lets load up the ol inbox!

Lets all get on board and send Keith emails till he's overwhelmed Ive just sent him 12 at keith@mpefab.com He will get the point, I just asked him to give her back Erics car. Lets load up the ol inbox!

It will not make a difference. He'll Just thrive on the attention.

Liz you will have to go down there & wait. I had to do it several times when we were located in MD.