Looking For Good Mechanic In NW Burbs Of Chicago

yamla_jatt806

Can someone please recommend a good mechanic in the NW suburbs of Chicago? My 86 GN is not starting properly, I think the fuel pump has gone bad and needs to be replaced. I have called around to some places but they all don't want to touch a car this old.

Also if someone from this board can come by and help me fix the car, I will pay for the services.

Thanks in advance.

If you are looking for just a fuel pump swap. Go to Golf Marathon in Des Plaines. He is a good mechanic and he has a GN. He is not good in tunning yet because he just got a GN and learning it but he is definately a good mechanic.

Its on Gold and Mt. Prospect Rd. The owners name is Jimmy. His cell number is 847-456-0802. They are the only ones that work on my car.

Denny (Joe)

If you are looking for just a fuel pump swap. Go to Golf Marathon in Des Plaines. He is a good mechanic and he has a GN. He is not good in tunning yet because he just got a GN and learning it but he is definately a good mechanic.

Its on Gold and Mt. Prospect Rd. The owners name is Jimmy. His cell number is 847-456-0802. They are the only ones that work on my car.

Denny (Joe)

Thanks for the info, I'll give him a call tomorrow.

If this guy doesn't work out I know an excellent one in Batavia. He can do everything except tune. Good luck- Brad

I know of the Marathon that 2GNS4ME is referring to, Josh is one of the owners of that place, good guy, also owns a GN, my wife works with his wife. I would trust this place or if you have the parts I could stop by maybe this weekend and help swap out the fuel pump. I did mine and it's very simple. Call me if you are interested, 312-330-8189.

Mike

if you got a garage, i can come to you and help ya figure it out, and even help ya through the pump swap.

all ya need is some basic tools, and anything else i can bring with.

If this guy doesn't work out I know an excellent one in Batavia. He can do everything except tune. Good luck- Brad

Hey Brad, Does this guy have a GN or he just works on any cars? Batavia is the next town over from me.

Prasad

Prasad- He works on all cars and alot of collector cars as well. He has worked on my GN for the past 4 1/2 years. He does not have a GN but I did see a GNX there that he worked on. His name is Glen Populorum and he owns First Garage. He can do everything except tune our cars. Glen has worked on my regular cars the past nine years. His number is 630-879-8277. Brad