Looking for Good Mechanic in Charlotte area

trbochV6

Gotta Luv It!!!!
I need to find a good GN mechanic around the Charlotte, NC area. I need to get this thing running correctly. I cant build boost, I stall around 2k instead of 4k. And overheating. Im tired of dealing with it.

I agree with you, Fred. I, too, would like to know of a good Turbo
Regal mechanic around the Charlotte area. I don't want to have to go to Georgia or New Jersey to get my car tuned up and get all the glitches out of it.

Most of the local mechanics, even the really good ones, don't know how to trouble shoot a turbo car and get it back to purring again.

Someone on this board, please give us the name and address of a really good Buick guy who specializes in Turbos.

Thanks, in advance,
Race Lutz

I received messages from Steve Sullivan (V6 Beast) and Keith (NCTURBOS). They are from the Charlotte area and both have insane fast cars. If they can get thier cars fast like that in TSM's I cant wait to actually meet these guys.

Race Lutz said:
I agree with you, Fred. I, too, would like to know of a good Turbo
Regal mechanic around the Charlotte area. I don't want to have to go to Georgia or New Jersey to get my car tuned up and get all the glitches out of it.

Most of the local mechanics, even the really good ones, don't know how to trouble shoot a turbo car and get it back to purring again.

Someone on this board, please give us the name and address of a really good Buick guy who specializes in Turbos.

Thanks, in advance,
Race Lutz

Looking at your location, Joe Tiano is only about 30-45 min away from Waco, NC. He's owned & been wreching on Turbo Buicks for quit a while.

Joe Tiano - Where iis he?

Getchasum,
I don't think I know Joe Tiano. Can you give me a heads up as to where he is located and maybe a telephone number. If he is good, I want to take my '87 "T" to him.

Thanks, in advance,
Race Lutz

Race,

I know any of the above mentioned will be able to help you. Myself, and I think Joe and Steve play around with these cars as a hobby, and have our regular 8-5pm careers going as well. Finding an actual shop to work on these cars in the Charlotte area is a thing of the past, IMHO.

I'm thinking we need to have another get-together or day at a local track again. That way we could all get acquainted again.

K.

trbochV6 said:
I received messages from Steve Sullivan (V6 Beast) and Keith (NCTURBOS). They are from the Charlotte area and both have insane fast cars. If they can get thier cars fast like that in TSM's I cant wait to actually meet these guys.

Both of the replies you received are from qualified people who KNOW what they are doing----you are in good hands.

Geoff

Well, I appreciate everyones response. But (and this is the crappy part) I found the culprit. I blew the HG at the #1 cylinder. Interesting part is I havent ran over 15 lbs. Soooooo, now I have an excuse to pull the motor and clean everything up. Hey Keith, got a cherry picker?? :smile: :redface: :mad: :mad:

trbochV6 said:
Well, I appreciate everyones response. But (and this is the crappy part) I found the culprit. I blew the HG at the #1 cylinder. Interesting part is I havent ran over 15 lbs. Soooooo, now I have an excuse to pull the motor and clean everything up. Hey Keith, got a cherry picker?? :smile: :redface: :mad: :mad:

Don't feel to bad--i just blew a HG also--going to change them next weekend :rolleyes:

I am sure Keith has a cherry picker---problem is--i bet there is something on it :tongue:

Geoff

ghall said:
Don't feel to bad--i just blew a HG also--going to change them next weekend :rolleyes:

DUDE!!!!!!.....

I am sure Keith has a cherry picker---problem is--i bet there is something on it :tongue:

...a cherry, maybe... ;)

K.

Yes, I'm still around!

Hello everyone! I've been away for a while after selling my money pit, but to answer your question. There are a few good men around this area that you can count on to fix your junk. I have a friend who recently had some work done by an individual who claimed "Yep, I'm pretty much the Buick Guru of this area" I wouldn't take it to him. Anyone that has to tell you how good they are and are not referenced by anyone else is smoking something! Stay away from the know it alls! Most everyone else will be more than willing to help.

Ryan

Gmachine said:
Hello everyone! I've been away for a while after selling my money pit, but to answer your question. There are a few good men around this area that you can count on to fix your junk. I have a friend who recently had some work done by an individual who claimed "Yep, I'm pretty much the Buick Guru of this area" I wouldn't take it to him. Anyone that has to tell you how good they are and are not referenced by anyone else is smoking something! Stay away from the know it alls! Most everyone else will be more than willing to help.

Ryan

Maybe you could be more specific? :rolleyes:

V6 Beast said:
I bet I know who that was and I wouldn't even let him work on my lawnmower :rolleyes:
that's B.S. & BS because he already did work on your car, well your motor ;) & no I think he's thinking someone else.

No, Sully knows exactly who I'm talking about! This person had a lot done to there car and I outran him by a full 1/2 second at Mooresville on a tuned stock setup. :D After that I was glad he didn't work on my car!

Gmachine said:
No, Sully knows exactly who I'm talking about! This person had a lot done to there car and I outran him by a full 1/2 second at Mooresville on a tuned stock setup. :D After that I was glad he didn't work on my car!

With that info and if Sully can't stand him---that ADDS more info. Man you Charlotte guys are secretive, but cool too :cool:

Geoff