Looking for advice on proven mount/header/oil pan combination for LSx/2004r

vandal699

I have decided to make use of the '07 LY6 6.0 sitting around the shop. I want to keep this swap as simple as possible so that it actually gets done amidst all the rest of my customers cars and crazy life. I plan to keep the engine pretty stock so I can retain the 2004r and fuel system. Also plan to keep the ac box intact so that can be added later. This will eventually get a turbo and become much more serious but I just want to be able to enjoy my car this summer.
I want to know which mounts,header and oil pan I can order so I can get it installed without much guess work. I plan to use the stock truck accessories.

I have a set of SBC mounts and 1" setback adapter plates on mine. It does not look like the AC box will clear, so I am going to take a v8 regal one and cut and fiberglass it. I am doing turbo stuff, so I can't help you on the header stuff. IIRC there is a set of longtubes that can be made to fit with these setback mounts with a little tube "massaging"...I saw it on LS1tech. The truck pan, accessories, and intake will clear everything with the 1" setback mounts, barely. But I don't think it can work with the ac/heater box unless you modify.

I realize that this is an old thread but with the number of G body swaps out there I'm surprised that no one has a solid answer to the OP's question. I too would like to the factory 200R4 position with AC.....Anyone?

I still can't answer the question, because I ended up pulling the heater core/ac box out and putting a plate on it. It would have fit (especially after I cut on it some and fiberglassed it in) even with the 1" setback mounts I used, but my downpipe is massive so I ended up pulling it all out and not using it.

If it uses setback mounts, the ac box will be either touching or dang near touching the passenger side back of the head or coils.