Looking for a wideband, need advice!

QwuickTurbo6

With spring rolling around I want to be able to race the car into mid-11's, and I figured that might be hard without a wb. I'm currently looking at the AEM and Innovative LC1 gauges because I'm on a budget:redface: I've heard that both are reliable for the price, but I just wanted to see what some of you guys going faster are recommending. Thanks for any advice!

I have also been researching for a wideband purchase

from searching & reading a lot on HP tuners where a lot of good late model tuners post the ntk sensor is preffered to the bosch and the 2 units you mentioned would be classified as nice toys vs nice tools

on a budget the AFX with ntk sensor looks like the best you can find it around $300

ntk is the sensor used on a lot of the pro widebands that cost thousands not hundreds

Plx-300

Decent price and the sensors are affordable...i used to pay $40 now they are $67 at Napa....but still affordable...the PLX has worked real good on my car............Bob

go with an lc-1 its pretty cheap. it works well with a powerlogger. check out fullthrottlespeed.com

i have an LC1 [innovate] but if i was doing it from the start i would go with the PLX.... mine is working fine but i have heard tooooo many horror stories. Plus i really dont like how the LC1 has to be mounted close to the sensor....which in my opinion is plain retarded. the PLX has a long harness which allows "the box" to be mounted inside the cab. AND YOU DON't HAVE TO CALIBRATE IT - from what i have heard. hth - buy once b happy;)

i have an LC1 [innovate] but if i was doing it from the start i would go with the PLX.... mine is working fine but i have heard tooooo many horror stories. Plus i really dont like how the LC1 has to be mounted close to the sensor....which in my opinion is plain retarded. the PLX has a long harness which allows "the box" to be mounted inside the cab. AND YOU DON't HAVE TO CALIBRATE IT - from what i have heard. hth - buy once b happy;)

PLX ??? I am listening? I have had issues with my Innovate?

Plx

i have had mine for at least 5 years now and i bought it used...never has gave me a minutes trouble.......Bob

I couldn't get the LC-1 to fuction on my car, tried for 2 months, website, support, etc but no go. I got the Powedex A/FX. Worked perfect first time out, no issues. It has a removeable plug so you need a huge hole to run the wiring.

I run the PLX (without a gauge because it's monitored on my scanmaster via powerlogger). For ease of operation, far less wireing complexity, I sure like mine. I've only been running it for a little over a year now, but it's been trouble free.

I couldn't get the LC-1 to fuction on my car, tried for 2 months, website, support, etc but no go. I got the Powedex A/FX. Worked perfect first time out, no issues. It has a removeable plug so you need a huge hole to run the wiring.
Should be "don't need"......

Wb

Go to TITANMOTORSPORTS.com and check out their own WB ,i think its Innovative but they`ll tell ya.Data logging, 52mm ga for the install and all for a touch over $200 . I have 1 in my sup and am puttin 1 in the t-type right now,seems to work fine.Looks great.

Interesting stuff guys. I'll trash the AEM idea and right now I'm looking at the innovative options or the PLX(I need to do some research on this PLX thing). Thanks for the input!

Interesting that so many are having trouble with the Innovative LC-1. I've had the LC-1 in my car going on three years now. The only issue was related to installing the controller under the hood, too much heat. Since then I've relocated it inside, under the passenger seat, and had no issues at all. The LC-1 is known to have issues unlessit is grounded properly.

Having the ability to tune with a WB is a huge aid. However running the WB tracking feature makes dialing in the car seem effortless.

Pat

Interesting that so many are having trouble with the Innovative LC-1. I've had the LC-1 in my car going on three years now. The only issue was related to installing the controller under the hood, too much heat. Since then I've relocated it inside, under the passenger seat, and had no issues at all. The LC-1 is known to have issues unlessit is grounded properly.

Having the ability to tune with a WB is a huge aid. However running the WB tracking feature makes dialing in the car seem effortless.

Pat

That is the same issue I had with the Innovate. After we moved the control box inside the car it has worked with no issues so far.:cool: