Looking for a rubber plug for cruise control firewall hole

pmesfun

I removed CC from my car and the local auto parts store doesn't have any rubber plugs big enough to plug the hole in the firewall. Anyone done this? Right now I have a grocery bag stuffed in there.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Give it time. If you end up like most of us, you will use that hole to run about million wires and tubes through it sooner or later.:rolleyes:

I had a hard time finding them locally too. Ended up just ebaying it. If memory serves correct it's just a 1" plug but be sure to measure, could have been 1 1/4.

I removed the cruise control from my car and found another Regal (for parts only) which came from the factory without cruise control and got the factory plug from it. It is made of metal not rubber… It measures 1-1/2" with two tabs which are pinched flat against the firewall, accessible from under the dash. I will check tomorrow and give you the exact measurement as well as a picture. ;)
Good luck,

Claude. :)

Last edited:
I tried to take a few pictures today but they all turned out blurry…:rolleyes: sorry 'bout that, but here they are anyways. The first one shows the hole in the firewall and the last two are the metal plus which goes in the hole. For your info, the hole is 1 1/2" in diameter…

Claude.;)

DSCN5299.JPGDSCN5300.JPGDSCN5301.JPG

Any paintless dent removal tool supply house will have several choices plugs ranging from 1/8th inch to 1&1/2 inches.

Try Dent Craft Tools, or, if it is indeed a 1 inch hole, PM me your address and I'll send you a handful, no charge.

Last edited:
I appreciate the offer TurboTGuy. I measured the hole and got 1.5" like Claude said. I ordered a rubber plug that I can easily pop in there, with the brake booster in the way the hole is barely visible.

Hmmm. The hole in the firewall where I run all my wires thru is a rubber plug not metal. Is there another hole with metal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's under the brake booster if you have vacuum brakes. WIth the powermaster it should be visible.