looking for a good machine shop

drew87gn

Looking for some guidance. Very long story short I need to get my motor hopefully rebuilt after just 300 miles on a new rebuild. I dropped my oil pan to change the gasket and I see the pins that connect the piston to the rod slid out and have cut into the cylinders, 4 of 6 banks are like this. I'm not an expert but my guess is that the shop that did the build forgot to tighten or clip the pins in place. I'm still sick to my stomach! I'm hoping the gouges are not too deep and I can salvage my block. With that said I'm hoping I can get a recommendation of a reputable machine shop in the CT area. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Andy

RPE is in Hartford, not sure if he is still doing V6s for just anyone. You may have to go through a vendor like Hartline

Bryan

Wow, a member here 10 years and your first post! I know this isn't being helpful, but it is a little odd...

I had the motor built 11 years ago. Life threw me some curveballs ( baby, starting a business, moving) so I put my car aside due to other priorities. Last year I finally got my car complete and fired it up. I got concerned that I started to see some smoke out of my rear view mirror when I got on her a little. I knew I had a pan oil leak (rubber not cork) so I figured maybe the oil is hitting the crossover pipe and might be causing the smoke. When I dropped the pan what I saw internally I couldn't believe it. The machine shop that did my motor is no longer in business, out of Bridgeport CT. I have a good picture of one of the banks and attached it to share.

As far as being a member and being my first post. In order to see downloads and pictures on the forum one had to become a member.

Attachments

• buick cylinder.jpg
    buick cylinder.jpg
    921.6 KB · Views: 67