Looking for a good machine shop/mechanic? Indy=Cincinnati

timmanis2000

I am looking for a good machine shop/mechanic.. I live in Greensburg In. I am 1hr to Cincinnati and 1hr. to Indy. There is a guy here in Greensburg that told me of a guy in Indy named Steve Smith. Anyone know of him. Suggestions please.

I have a 1987 GN with 24000 miles..I blew a head gasket. I think. Blows smoke like crazy. Alot out of the exhaust. It also smells like gas in the oil.

You mean Schmidt Automotive Inc 317 897-2995 They do great work, Dwane has built my stage motor and freshen it several times with no problems. The best thing to do is take the motor out and see Dwane.:)

Lonnie Diers at Extremeautomatics is where you wanna go. info@extremeautomatics.com. He's a vendor on this board and does great stuff. I live in Bright, IN. His shop is about an hour away from me, your about 45 minutes from me.

Kevin. I have been busy the last few days. I will give you a call this weekend. I took the radiator cap off and the coolant is thick. I will probably need some one to pull the engine for me also. If you know someone for that also. I will need to talk to Lonnie Diers @ Extremeautomatics about my engine rebuild. I would like to have a mild build. Something that is reliable to drive, I don,t plan to take it to the track. Just something quick for the street..

Kevin. I have been busy the last few days. I will give you a call this weekend. I took the radiator cap off and the coolant is thick. I will probably need some one to pull the engine for me also. If you know someone for that also. I will need to talk to Lonnie Diers @ Extremeautomatics about my engine rebuild. I would like to have a mild build. Something that is reliable to drive, I don,t plan to take it to the track. Just something quick for the street..

Sounds good. Call me when you get a chance.

Tim's car came to my house as a bone stock 24,000 mile GN with a blown head gasket. The vacuum line to the wastegate blew off and the car over boosted.

Tim wanted to add a little power to the car to lay waste to the imports running around his town. We came up with a combo that made the GN a very quick street car. No times yet, but I'm trying to get him to the track:) Tim was not worried about looking stock, but everything done can be reversed.

Some of the highlights of the upgrades:

Very nice set of ported heads from Kip A. These feature Ferrea valves and are ported to the Felpro 1200 gasket. Also added a ported stock intake to the mix that lined up perfectly to the heads. For the turbo we went with a 44 because the car still has the stock trans and converter. Tim will probably add those later as he gets addicted to going fast with this car:biggrin: To fuel the car, I added 60# injectors, Racetronix pump with a Caspers hotwire kit. The chip will be a Turbo Tweak street chip (still waiting on that, it has a barrowed one in there now.) A billet adj. fuel pressure regulator was also installed. The stock downpipe and exhaust were replaced with a nice 2.5" SS ATR system and a TA 3" downpipe with cut out. To monitor the engine, I installed a boost and oil pressure gauge in a holder that goes in the console under the radio. A scanmaster is now in the car now to monitor the tuning. I decided this car was too nice for one of those engine tie down deals, so I talked Tim into going with some HR Parts engine mounts.

Right now the boost is only at 15 psi. Hopefully we can get it to the track and work our way up to the 20 psi range. The car should do a decent trap speed at the strip. ET is going to be off because the car is on stock sized tires and was originally ordered w/o a limited slip:confused:

My recommendations to Tim for future upgrades are:
posi
Moser axles
Extremeautomatics stage 2 trans
upgraded intercooler
sticky tires

I think the car will do 12's the way it sites now with the stock tires. Ultimately, I would like to see the car do a low 11....maybe a high 10:cool: