Looking for a good and prompt machinist

Pablo

I live in Murrieta and have been using millennium motorsports in Temecula to do my machining, nice guy, does what you want, but really likes to over promise and under deliver on his turn around time.

I am leaving the country for the next three years and have to have my car back together in less than three weeks and this dude is dragging his feet. I'm starting to panic.

Can anyone point me to a good FAST machinist in the area?

When you find such a person please let me know. Automotive machinists are a vanishing breed. To find one at all that can afford to stay in business these days is a rare commodity.

NUTech in Romona will get it done for you. Call Brit at 619-804-2200. He is fast and has worked on Buick's for Neil and myself.

Thank you for the suggestions guys. It's funny, not long after I posted this my machinist called me and now it sounds like he is on it. I was just there and it looks like it will be done in the next day or so. At least I hope so.

Now I just have to go all out and get this thing together and driving in about two weeks. I wish I had more time, I would have gone forged crank. Or LS. Now that I am adding everything up, the LC2 is ridiculous for dollar/hp ratio. The only reason to build one is for the novelty of it at this point.

Thank you for the suggestions guys. It's funny, not long after I posted this my machinist called me and now it sounds like he is on it. I was just there and it looks like it will be done in the next day or so. At least I hope so.

Now I just have to go all out and get this thing together and driving in about two weeks. I wish I had more time, I would have gone forged crank. Or LS. Now that I am adding everything up, the LC2 is ridiculous for dollar/hp ratio. The only reason to build one is for the novelty of it at this point.

Glad it is working out for you. Since you are in a rush, post up if you need something. I have some spare crap, and I am sure others do as well if we can help you get it back on the road.

Thanks for the offer James! Things seem to be coming together. By the way your inbox is full :(

Hey guys, I found that I needed some more work (the heads needed to be redone). I ended up going down to Britt in Ramona. Super cool dude! He showed me all kinds of neat stuff, even looked over and cleaned up some issues with my porting work to demonstrate some techniques right there in front of me.
I told him you guys sent me and he knew right away who I was talking about (Jeff, James, and he mentioned Neil too). So thanks again for the recommendation. I'm sure JMS is a great shop too but a little bit too far and the traffic up that way is nightmarish for me.

I might end up taking Britt my block for a torque plate hone but I'm afraid I'm already pushing it on piston to cyl wall clearance. Know anyone local that does a high build skirt coating (I'm talking like .001-.002)?

Take care,
Pablo