Looking for a fast Buick

10 second search

It will be hard to find a 10 second Buick for $10k-$12k. Do you know how much a 10 second motor and tranny cost? Good luck on your search!

Ur dreamen at $10-$12k for a low or high 10 second car that's not a pos. Add another $10k and maybe but unlikely.

copycat

9.40@147 on 275/18psi

Ur dreamen at $10-$12k for a low or high 10 second car that's not a pos. Add another $10k and maybe but unlikely.

So your saying for even someone willing to spend $22k it's unlikely they will find a 10 second car for sale???

I find that hard to believe.

So your saying for even someone willing to spend $22k it's unlikely they will find a 10 second car for sale???

I find that hard to believe.

You can find a 10 sec car for $22000 but for what you have it would be a high 10sec car that is run on the edge that was a budget build. You should look at the car itsnotagn has it should be a low 10sec to a high 9sec car. Just saying you get what you pay for and speed is not cheap if you want it to last.

If you are talking a 109/tranny combo that will hold together and run low 10s, around 22k is a steal. These cars are not cheap to build, they require an attention to detail second to none. Anything that is done right and looks good is going to be worth something.

I must have missed the car itsnotagn is selling.Is it listed on this website??
i bought that car, was a solid 10 sec ride. Had it listed here for sale all winter and couldn't get any offers for 10k so I pulled it apart and now it's a 9 sec notch mustang

Low 10 Second Car

You can find a 10 sec car for $22000 but for what you have it would be a high 10sec car that is run on the edge that was a budget build.
You surely can't build a dependable low 10 second car for less than $20,000. Believe me, I know what it takes to build a dependable low 10 second car. You might be able to find a bargain if you hold out long enough. It all depends on your patience and timing. Good luck on your search and raise your buying price to around 20k, and you might have a chance.
Jason
(Un)AffordableGN

You can get a 10 second car for $10-12K. I sold a 10.80 rust free WH1 on here a few years ago for $11K. The car was pretty nice and ran very consistant high 10's on DR's and was extremely dependable. I bought it running 10's and I drove about a year and sold to another board member and he ran 10's with for a couple of years after he bought it with no problems. It ran 10's for at least 4 years that I know of with no major mechanical problems at all and the car was really pretty nice. I also sold a 87 Limited that went 11.20's on only 19 psi of boost for $8900 a while back also. There was a 70K mile GN with a stage II motor that sold over on GNTTYPE.org a few weeks a go for $17K and it seemed like a very nice car and well worth the money.

You can get a 10 second car for $10-12K. I sold a 10.80 rust free WH1 on here a few years ago for $11K. The car was pretty nice and ran very consistant high 10's on DR's and was extremely dependable. I bought it running 10's and I drove about a year and sold to another board member and he ran 10's with for a couple of years after he bought it with no problems. It ran 10's for at least 4 years that I know of with no major mechanical problems at all and the car was really pretty nice. I also sold a 87 Limited that went 11.20's on only 19 psi of boost for $8900 a while back also. There was a 70K mile GN with a stage II motor that sold over on GNTTYPE.org a few weeks a go for $17K and it seemed like a very nice car and well worth the money.

Thanks for the post Steve.Finally someone that personally knows a 10 second car can be bought in my price range.I will keep my fingers crossed and see what I run accross.I am not in a big hurry anyway.

i have a 87 gn that is for sale in minnesota
call me for details. looking for 12k firm with extra parts.
i have had it for 4 years and no longer use it.

pm'd you my number