Looking for a CHEAP suspension setup

The blazer bar will not have near the roll stiffness that a H&R/Spohn drag bars will have. Less effective as a drag bar but more ideal for a cruiser or autocrosser. The H&R bar is 1.25", Spohn dragbar 1.31", Spohn Touring bar .875" (22mm) and the blazer bar is around .905" (23mm).

Thanks for responding to this old ass thread. This setup should work well on my beater project since it has much more tire clearance than my 87 T

Yes the brackets to mount the bar to the rear axle fit perfectly. You just need to go buy some endlinks. I got mine from Autozone. They are the energy suspension ones. Mount the bar first and have the ends at the same height off the ground with the bar that goes across the axle. Measure to your mounting points and get the appropriate size ones. I think I modified mine by getting some bolts and cutting the spacer to the exact length I wanted since what I got ended up being too long.

Yes. You will see what I mean when you go junkyarding, but the arms on the 4 door are way too long because of the gas tank placement.

Here is mine.

Attachments

• 1416679665072.jpg
    1416679665072.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 196
Thanks for the pics. With this bar does the rear have any extra side shift while driving? I thought I read something about that with the hellwig.