Looking for a car locating alarm

BJM

A guy at work wants to protect his car with an alarm that has a GPS function that can somehow notify him where the car is. I know Viper sells one like this but you have use their service. I want a system that can make a cell phone call and deliver location data or even a text message every so often if the car is moving when it shouldn't be.

The technology all exists, has someone combined all the pieces together yet?

yes it does, i know one of the options is a lifetime package that cost $1000 i'll try to find the link for ya

After finding out that the Lo-Jack system on my car doesn't work in Oklahoma I searched for a replacement system. I found www.guidepointsystems.com . Several different levels of protection and tracking available. The place that sells them locally priced the basic system starting at $495. I think they offer packages that are similar to On-Star.

XRated said:
After finding out that the Lo-Jack system on my car doesn't work in Oklahoma I searched for a replacement system. I found www.guidepointsystems.com . Several different levels of protection and tracking available. The place that sells them locally priced the basic system starting at $495. I think they offer packages that are similar to On-Star.
This system looks like the "Cat's Meauw!"
Any feedback?

Called the local dealer, $445 installed, no fees for level 1 service (T1). Not bad.