Looking for a car guy to help with a vehicle inspection

dhauser

The end is fear
I am trying to line up a purchase of a '69 Camaro Z28, and need a car guy to do a thorough physical inspection and short drive of the car to confirm its condition. Would expect digital pictures. A short video or two of the car running would be espcially nice.

The car is located in Durham, NC.

I'd be glad to pay someone $100 to do the inspection. I'd expect you'd have 2 hours total in this little project. I would provide a checklist of things to inspect, as well as appreciate anything else you might see, hear, or catch about the car.

I'm looking at sometime next week for the inspection, provided the seller and I agree on a price.

Please email or PM me if you're in the area and would be willing to check the car out for me.

Thanks.
Doug

I can do it for you if you want.

Thank you Jay, and everyone else who volunteered to help me out. Just goes to show once again what a great community the TB.com folks represent.

TurboKid was nice enough to do it for me on short notice and did a great job.

Z/28

Make sure you are armed with a ton of information as to the data plate, VIN, option codes, mandatory options and standard equipment etc, if you are planning to purchase a "real" Z/28. I am far from an expert, but I have seen plenty of automatic trans, 350's, 10 bolt, drum brakes, A/C and more 69 Camaro's masquerading as Z/28's. I'm sure there are a bunch of web sites with all the info. There are a lot of clones out there, some well done, and a lot of regular old Camaro's with Z/28 emblems...