Looking for a Buick Expert

imjoesnuffy

I just break stuff!
Took my car to have some very minor repair work done on a sub-component in the engine compartment and I got what I believe to be a thrown rod in the engine out of the deal. I plan on taking the shop to court, my first appointment with the lawyer is tomorrow. I have never taken anyone to court but this was beyond ridiculous.

This may entail giving sworn statements, affadavits and/or appearing in court, who would you want to be your witness?

Well, I hate to hear you are having probs.
I hope you are able to get your side told.

Well, I hate to hear you are having probs.
I hope you are able to get your side told.
Thanks,

Spoke with the claims attorney today and he recommended trying to work it out with the shop first and document that, then pursue court afterwards if we can not come to an agreement.

What was the name of the shop to we can stay away from it ? I have had to sue two different shops that have worked on different cars . You might consider small claims court . I also put up many reviews and an online blog about one of the shops to warn others

What was the name of the shop to we can stay away from it ? I have had to sue two different shops that have worked on different cars . You might consider small claims court . I also put up many reviews and an online blog about one of the shops to warn others

I was able to work it out with the shop. The damage wasn't as bad as originally suspected. It turned out to be a broken rocker shaft. It snapped and took out the back of the valve cover, and dumped oil everywhere. I was expecting to find major damage, but I don't think it was the shops fault after all. 30 year old stock part fatigue, the rjc shaft braces had helped but I have revved it to 6200 in the past.

fa91ac70cb8f9e0e1769787bb7a59ddf.jpg
common problem with stock shafts. This happened on dyno last week. Diagnosis took about 1 minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly like that but also broke in the middle as well?
Possible. If it breaks at high rpm the shaft Is severely side loaded with the missing clamp load on the ends. Place a ruler across 2 milk crates. Put 10lb weights on the ends of the ruler. Pull on the ruler with 5lbs force (fish scale) on the ruler near the 10lb weight either side. Now do the same thing with the 10 pound weight removed from the side you're closest to and pull with the same force in the same place. You don't even need to do it to know what is going to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you should feel like your avatar! (n)

Yeah, I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer. Either way, I hope others can learn from my experience. I didn't slander the shop and got some free legal advise from an attorney. Didn't think it would have taken out a valve cover when it broke, but it did. 30 yr old cast metal is pretty brittle as well. Surprised to see how much oil was lost. Cheap enough fix and back on the road.

Yeah, I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer. Either way, I hope others can learn from my experience. I didn't slander the shop and got some free legal advise from an attorney. Didn't think it would have taken out a valve cover when it broke, but it did. 30 yr old cast metal is pretty brittle as well. Surprised to see how much oil was lost. Cheap enough fix and back on the road.
Not sure if you already got a set of shafts but I just took a set off my car if you were interested in them. They have <1000 miles on them. I don't have any supports for them though

P.S I had the same exact thing happen to me last year.It was the first time and when it broke I was about 5 sec. into WOT on the street :eek:

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Not sure if you already got a set of shafts but I just took a set off my car if you were interested in them. They have <1000 miles on them. I don't have any supports for them though

P.S I had the same exact thing happen to me last year.It was the first time and when it broke I was about 5 sec. into WOT on the street :eek:

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Thanks, already replaced with a set of HD shafts from TA performance.