Looking for 87/86 gn/we4/tt in NYC Metro/North NJ Area

sugarandopium

where were the spiders
Hello.

It's finally time to buy a car I've been lusting for since the 80s.

I'm looking for an 87 GN, with either no rust or VERY minimal repairable rust. Not heavily modded. Not raced or beat on.

That being said, the car dosen't have to be a 100% original low mile garage queen.

Hardtop or Astroroof are a +.

Will consider a WE4, 86GN, 86/87 ttype.

My budget depends on the car.
Let me know what you've got.

Thanks.

Been in contact with him, but we both have hectic schedules.
Going to try and meet up with him tomorrow and look at his car.

Stay away from that car. I went to look at it and it is the biggest POS I have ever seen. Absolute junk and the guy selling it is an absolute tool.

I'm glad I didn't go...
Was going to go down there on sunday and look at it too.

Guy did seem sketchy through emails too.

I'm in North/central NJ and thinking about letting go of my 86 GN hardtop. It's no garage queen, but far from a basket case. ~130k miles on the body and about 3k on a rebuilt .20 over forged JE pistons, 204/214 Edelbrock cam, mildly ported stock heads, steel main caps, etc motor. Still running stock turbo and i/c. Rebuilt g80 rear. Suspension is 95% done, lowered with all the right stuff. Currently wearing an 87 GN grill. I'm at work right now so there is more that I'm just not thinking of.

Stuff it needs. Paint, d/s door hinges, bumper fillers and unfortunately the trans is acting up (flaring on shifts). So it probably will be the next big project.

If this sparks any interest let me know and I'll get you some more accurate info. Since I'm at work I have no pics to attach, but you can check the link in my sig for some. The ones with the 17" wheels are most up to date.

I'm on Long Island. 87 GN Hardtop, digital dash, GNX style wheels in MINT condition, new tires, no mods, pretty much all original. Paint has the usual checking on hood and driver door, RUST FREE car

86 GN I will sell.

I have the one in my sig that I will sell. The car has 172K on it, but engine, tranny and paint only 500 miles. I am asking 16K OBO, if your interested shot me a PM. I have tons of pics if want to see them, even some of the paint process. Thanks

Thanks.

Still looking, and have gotten a better idea of what I want in the past few weeks.
Have been looking for a garage to rent (i live in a city) as I can't bring myself to park one of these on the street as this was my original plan.

I don't want a car with rust, don't want ttops..
Do not want an 86, unless it has an 87 grill.
Do not want a ttype.

Would like an 87gn/we4, hardtop or astroroof, RUST FREE, lightly modded, streetable is a must, GNX/GTA wheels are a big big +.
Will travel for the right car, IE: Down south for a rust free car.

In the process of finalizing a garage to rent, so will be ready to buy the car very soon.

87GNNY, you have a PM.

So.

After getting frustrated looking for the right car, and getting an unreal offer i coldn't refuse with tradein value of some cars i neded to get rid of, i got sucked into the buying a FORD :confused:

Picked up a new mustang gt/cs yesterday.
It's nice, but I still want a GN.
Will consider trading this car for minty GN come springtime.

I'll bump this up in march/april, but if anyone else is looking toward the future, shoot me a PM.