Looking for 10's

webleyaz

Damn, that was fast!
Ths car has a stock motor with Felpro gaskets. The throttlebody is enlarged, it had a TA-52 turbo, modified Ford diesel intercooler, 3500 PI l/u converter, drum brakes, 26X11.50 ET Streets on Aluma star wheels, 43 lb injectors, Bosch fp, and the usual little stuff when it went 11.08. Now there is a PT-72 and 4000 stall. I sure hope it was worth it. The track (SIR) is open on Dec. 29th. I will have a cage installed by then and hopefully a 3.5" MAS and translator.
Wish me luck!

Good luck and keep an eye on that knock.

Keep us posted as to your results.

Julio

Hey Chris, I will probably have to come out there and make some runs also, I am assuming the track will be open from like 8am till around 3pm again? I hate getting up that early but oh well, that is the price to pay for having fun!!
hope to see you there, hope to get some descent times this time.

Don't go yet !!!

PLEASE DO NOT RACE YOUR CAR WITH THE 43LBS INJECTORS.
YOU WILL BLOW IT TO HELL!!!!

I am hoping that you just forgot to mention your new injectors.
If not you better have someone with a broom and dust pan next
to you when you race. Just Kidding =)

The 72 is a serious piece and the minimum injector I would run is
a 83. You could use a 72 but if you turn the boost up your duty
cycle is going to go static.

A good friend of mine just had issues with a set of 50 lbs. injectors not being enough fuel for his 3.8 with pp heads and
pt54 turbo. Lucky he never boosted it enough to hurt it.
We put in a set of 72 and wow what a difference.

What?!?!?!?
I already went 11.08 with 43# units, 28# boost, 2 degrees of retard at the 1-2 shift. I do plan to install 55# injectors before hitting the track. I've always had less injector than most with similar setups and I never have any problems. The O2 milivolts are never below 760. I expect it to idle better with the 55s and be good for 10.5 or so. Do you think I'm dreaming? BTW, I shift it at 5000. I'm panicing. Now I'm wondering if the stock fuel lines are capable of delivering enough fuel. DAMN!

Hmmm

Well check this out

TS 72
Same features as our TS 70, but with a larger 72 mm compressor wheel. Carries our 1 year warranty as well as our dynamic seal conversion, 360 thrust bearing upgrade and our 3 part competition balancing. We offer this turbocharger in the standard 3 bolt turbine inlet configuration, as well as the popular TO4 on center and tangential housing styles in all A/R ratios to suit your application. Options include polished compressor housings, powder coated compressor housings, as well as thermal coatings for appearance and performance. Custom sized compressor housing inlets available, as well as custom machined inlets for race applications. We also offer this unit custom sized for twin turbo applications using all popular header and turbine housing configurations.

Flow Rating 1300 CFM

Horsepower 750

Recommended Torque Converter 3600-3800 Stall

Recommended Injectors 55-72#

My Combination

Chris,

My car with a stealth 70 hit 80 % Duty Cycle with 72 lbs injectors.
This was with low boost ~ 20psi. Turn it up to 28psi and I could
have been in trouble. I did have a huge set of M&As and a 224 roller cam, so maybe I was flowing more air than your combination.

Good luck and I hope to see you in the tens soon.

'cage is in, 55#ers are in, 3.5 MAF is hopefully in transit. I'm gettin' close. Did a couple of pump gas (92) romps at 20 psi and had NO retard! Very exciting!

Hey Chris, did you make it out to the track, if so what were the results?

I ended up a little under the weather and didnt wake up early enough.

Originally posted by TTA89
Any pics of the cage?

Gonna have to put one of those in too soon even though I don't wanna. Interested in seeing pics too. Also Chris,....did you ever get those pictures of the Ford intercooler installed on your TTA or work up a list of what all it took/needed to be modified to install it?

I did get out to the track and discovered that I have some tuning to do. First I'll install a new O2 sensor so the thing will at least idle and maybe restore a hundred horsepower or so at WOT. Then I've got to remove the remaining MAF sensor screen and also replace the TCC solenoid so I don't have to shift into OD. All in all it was a minor success since it went 11.63 at 115 runing like crap and using 5 gallons of 118 octane, $7.00 per gallon fuel in 4 runs. It was a might rich all day. Very smokey. It was also slower off the line with 1.63 60' times so there were a few HP missing all over. I'll get it together by this weekend and see what happens this sat.
I'll see if I can get a few decent pics of my 'cage tomorrow and post them here.

Im sure you posted it but whats the combo?

I gotta put a cage in also. I want one hidden and painted to match with swing outs. :D

Combo?....combo?....combo?
I don't understand the question. What's the combo?...combo?
It's tough to hide a 'cage in an f-body for reasonable amount of dough. I just painted it to look cool and not offend me. It didn't work. I hate having a 'cage in my car. Everyone who's seen it like it, tho'. I'm bringing my camera home tonight so I'll hopefully have some quality pics very soon.

Ive seen over 90% DC:eek: on my 72 lbs injector with a 70 turbo:D
I run a -8 presure and -6 return lines with a sump and Areomotive pump. Of course i run the boost to the moon 30lbs:rolleyes:

10 second run

I am building a tta with a t-64 turbo, 212/206 roller cam, 55# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 3" single shot exhaust, duel fuel pumps, stock intercooler, stock long block with ported heads. I have been told that the stock computer will not know what to do with the 55# injectors, that the computer will not be able to follow the fuel curve? Is this the facts? What are you guys doing about this? I have been told to change the drivers in the computer, then have new chips written. Am I on the right track?

10 sec car

No, I was asking the members what they are doing for this problem. I am also looking for some chip writers. Not much slips by you, you are amazing !!!!