Looking at t-type any thoughts on this car

stangbeater

How bout it?
1987 buick regal limited turbo
Complete rebuilt motor with TRW replacement forged pistons, stage I cam, Fererra valves, T&D shaft rockers, Champion valve covers, new fly-wheel.
Mods include: gt6157e precision turbo, Terry Houston 3" S.S down-pipe, Flow-Master dual exhaust system (SOUNDS AWSOME), turbo tweak chip, motron 60 injectors, adjustable waste gate & fuel regulator, Walbro fuel pump, 3" chrome inlet pipe with cold air kit/K&N, H.D cooler hoses, H.D aluminum radiator, smc alcohal injection kit.
Every sensor replaced with new GM after motor was installed. New Delco battery/cables.
Precision 9/11 L/U converter, shift-kit, Art Carr deep trans pan,
Factory 8.5" posi with 3.42 gears,
New front end suspension (Billstein shocks/springs tierods etc).
Factory T-Tops, Digital dash (new upgraded 195 mph unit from Caspers Electronics)
Car currently has 87 GN front/rear seats,
New carpet & floor mats, column shift, but has a GN console to go with car. Power antenna still works perfect
Rear GNX seat braces, front end upper & lower braces (CAR IS TIGHT)
Needs a heater core(currently by-passed)
Runs excellent, very reliable and fast, 11 second car you can Drive anywhere

What do you think this car is worth? What should I specifiicaly look at?

sounds like a quick car, if the price is right I'd take it. You'll never know unless you take it for a cruise in person.

I bought mine from another city. So I had to study alot of pics and spend alot of time on the phone before I commited to the long haul. Drill the owner.

thoughts...

Dont like the description. Dont know if its ur words or his but I find it hard to believe that someone rebuilding a motor would be able to use "stock" size forged replacement piston. I used a virgin normally aspirated block when I built my motor and to ensure quality the machine shop went 20 over in the cylinders. Ride him hard on the motor, builder, parts,(ask how much the build cost) the whole 9 yards and dont take his word for it unless hes a respected member of the board that people will speak up for and substantiate the internals. I drove 3.5 hours one way up into Michigan to look at a 05 Polaris snowmobile all charged up and ready to buy and eventually walked away after it was a lil rougher than described and the pics showed. Be patient there are a ton of cars out there. Im sure U can find a car painted for what the guy is asking. Buy something already done, U should only have to maintain the car not due major work.

Don't rely on pics only. Go and look at the car... I drove 12 hours to NJ in my big SUV with my trailer to buy a gn because the pics looked great and the owner told me there was no rust. I heard some crunching in the floor boards and when i pulled up the carpet I could see the grass under the car. Only an act of God kept me from choking the seller. Long 12 hour drive home empty handed:mad:

Don't rely on pics only. Go and look at the car... I drove 12 hours to NJ in my big SUV with my trailer to buy a gn because the pics looked great and the owner told me there was no rust. I heard some crunching in the floor boards and when i pulled up the carpet I could see the grass under the car. Only an act of God kept me from choking the seller. Long 12 hour drive home empty handed:mad:

ouch:mad:

Could be worth $12k or $1200. Without pics and inspecting it personally and driving it then there is no way to tell. Does it need paint? Interior re-done? Too many variables to say.

I hope ur planning on buying it sight unseen with pics only. That would be borderline stupid. No, actually that would be stupid. Been there, done that. Never again.

Who built the motor? Remember, paint jobs will run you $5-10k and up.

IF you get a good price, if its worth it, you got a good feeling go with it. If not then tell the seller wait on it or pass:cool: