Looking at PT6262, Full Throttle, 10% off sale

CliffyC

I've been wanting to up grade to a DBB turbo for sometime now. Saw that F.T. has a 10% off sale 'til the end of the year. That saves about $175. Based on my sig, is the PT6262 the best choice? Would like to lower my ET's over my GT6131E? Currently 7.1 in the 1/8, 11.1 in the 1/4. (have need to be in the 6's and 10's)

The 6262 dbb will get you to your goals easy. It's a low 10sec turbo or faster.. You will need a good converter like 9.5 non lock spec to your combo. I can't see your sig. So I don't know what your working with. But I would get 80 lb injectors so you have room to grow.

ET with a 6262 is in my sig...with stock junk.:)
wow at your times. how much timing are you running? Im also looking at the jb 6262 since it will give me room to grow. I'm running stock junk right now and hope to upgrade cam and heads in within the next year

wow at your times. how much timing are you running? Im also looking at the jb 6262 since it will give me room to grow. I'm running stock junk right now and hope to upgrade cam and heads in within the next year

That was with Erics 110 race chip. Low gear timing was 4 degrees over his default setting and high gear timing was default. I pretty much ran out of injector on that run and have since gone to 80's. Cam is a 212/212.

Its a good choice with your combo in your sig.. you don't need a $1k 9.5nl for 10.90 your 9/11 will work.
What boost did you run 11.1?

I run the 6262 jb. See sig. for combo and 1/8 mile time. Boost was 26# on that run with 20* timing throughout.

The 61mm gt wheel and pte 62mm billet are very similar in hp rating. I'd almost have to go with the 6466. It wont spool hard like the 61631 so a stall might be in order with a 6466. 6262 is a great choice also.

Ran 23# boost, 21* timing. 60' time was 1.75 sec. Car just doesn't seem to come off the line that hard.

BTW, I see you have a turbo wagon as your avatar. My daily driver is an '81 Olds Cutlass Cruiser wagon with all turbo Regal stuff. Here's a link to Hybrids. http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/still-another-turbo-wagon.349454/
Yes I have seen that thread, nice! mine is a 82, originally I had no intensions on putting in a turbo 6 it was gonna be a olds 455 build from a 70' block I had but when I took it my machine shop it turns out the block was already .60 over and crank had been undercut also so I scraped the idea and being a turbo buick guy I had a spare motor laying around so I went ahead with the project and been adding hand me down go fast parts from my other buicks ever since.

I've been wanting to up grade to a DBB turbo for sometime now. Saw that F.T. has a 10% off sale 'til the end of the year. That saves about $175. Based on my sig, is the PT6262 the best choice? Would like to lower my ET's over my GT6131E? Currently 7.1 in the 1/8, 11.1 in the 1/4. (have need to be in the 6's and 10's)
would you be interested in selling the 6131e

CliffyC you take that 10% and buy that 6262 dbb turbo?
Yep, ordered it last week. Should be here soon. Did not order the actuator as it was another $90 and I already have a heavy duty one. It has a different mount but I can fabricate a new mount to make it work.

I also decided on the 6262 DBB about 30 minutes before midnight for the 10% OFF!!! Spoke with Steve and it seems there on backorder!!:(

I also decided on the 6262 DBB about 30 minutes before midnight for the 10% OFF!!! Spoke with Steve and it seems there on backorder!!:(
Yeah, I called and got the same answer. It seems Precision is out of housings, should have some more next week. Then they have to build the turbos. Don't expect to see mine for at least 2-3 weeks.

Wonder how many people bought a new turbo from F.T. after they saw the title to this thread. I should check with them to see if I get a commission. :)