Looking at buying a Buick Riviera SC

SPOOLN

I am looking at buying a 97-98 super charged Riviera. What are the best years to start with? Also what websites are out there for these cars. Are there programs to modify the factory ECU. for Blower/boost increases and fuel delivery. Any help would be good.
Thanks

I am also looking at maybe a Regal GS also years 1997-2000. What year SC cars came with the M-90 super chargers? When did the manufactures start putting those on production cars.
Thanks

Forgot to mention '98 and up cars are the ones to get as they have a better ECM and the trans has some updates that make it a bit stronger.

98% of all aftermarket parts for the GS/GTP also work on the Riviera. All the scan tools also work on rivis and now you can tune them as well. GSs are dime a dozen, but rivs are pretty rare.

The only reason not to get a riv is that it is heavier. Frame is very stiff and it comes with bigger brakes, ect.

rivieras had the series II l67 from 96-99.
regals started in 97.

if you're looking for a nice modded regal gs, mine will be for sale soon. it's a 98 with the mods in my sig. it will have a fully rebuilt motor with just break-in miles on it, and 80k on the car. should be a nice, reliable low 13 sec. luxury car!

rivieras had the series II l67 from 96-99.
regals started in 97.

if you're looking for a nice modded regal gs, mine will be for sale soon. it's a 98 with the mods in my sig. it will have a fully rebuilt motor with just break-in miles on it, and 80k on the car. should be a nice, reliable low 13 sec. luxury car!

$

www dot rivperformance dot com

98/99 Rivs would be good choices, though the 95-97 cars are just as nice. 95 models had more factory bugs to work out, by 97 there were few issues reported. 98-99 all are SC cars. 95-97 SC was optional. Bought my 98 last August for DD usage. LOVE this car, excellent combination of luxury and performance in a daily driver. KYB GR-2 struts and a Caddy STS strut tower brace do wonders for cornering too. Brace is only $30-$35 from Fred Bean or gmpartsdirect.com and is a simple install.

Attachments

• P1010201.jpg
    P1010201.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 157