Looking 4 a scanmaster

crow

I've had an 87 GN for years but kept it stock. Now I changed a few things and I have been warned that I need a scanner to be safe. Looked around but a new one is expensive after all I have spent already. Used ones have shown to be pricey also, in view of the risk in buying used. Still have a ways to go to complete my project.
Anyone have an one not in use and does not have to have my right kneecap for it?:cool:

Risk of buying used on here is minimal. There really isnt alot that could go wrong with one except getting beat up in appearance. They hook up very easy, and as long as it wasnt dropped or hooked up wrong, not alot of risk. Most here are not out to rob people. Just watch and make sure they have been around awhile and not first time posters...

Post in Parts Wanted...a few have popped up lately.

:biggrin:

Thanks coach. Hate to say this but I have not had much luck buying on the net, both Ebay and here.
Bought speakers for 87, not the right ones. Did they change nthe speakers mid production? I don't thimk so.
Bought a SS DP, a might be THDP or a Meese. It was neither and the flange holes did not lign up with the turbo flange. Had to have the flange redrilled.
Got a chrome turbo cover, it had still visible grinder marks under the chrome.
Got a 4" cold air kit. An offset AIC was offered with it but did not know I would need it and a plenum spacer.. Contacted seller after and he refused selling it to me. He might have sold it to someone else but I got a bad feeling that was not it.
Bought a GN gray dash panel. it was gray but very dark. The screw holes did not lign up well but with the sun, it might be understandable. scrounged some paint and installed it without tightening screws and omitting 2 screws.
Bought a set of Autometer guages, water temp/oil press/volts. Water Temp is useless and the others need work.
Bought from Pypes, a new exhaust and it fit perfectly.
Bought from TT a new chip and it worked great.
Bought from Kirban, a new speedo and it worked perfectly.
See what I mean? Risks are real and my money is as good as anyones. My only fault is ignorance. Used parts should be half price or less imo. Not 75% of new or more than new like some adds I see.
The last scanmaster I seen on this site was $200 used. New I can buy for $269 or less. New, no risks and guaranted/warranteed. No offence intended to anyone. A reality check, I'm 69 years young.
Thanks again.