Lookin for some Meth!

RUBRMAN

EVADANG
Just want to say thanks to Razor for an outstanding kit!!!

I've been trying to find methanol, and It's not as easy as I thought. I called some speed shops in the area, and some chemical dealers aswell. I live in the Chicago area, and anybody have any good leads? I know I can get it online, but would like to get it locally.

Thanks for any info.
Jay

Ask a racer. Around here, we jsut buy it at the local race shop. You can also usually get it at the track.

Well with a lot more phone calls I found methanol from a chemical dealler. The problem that I got is that it has a BLUE dye in it. They sell it to car deallers, who add water to it. Is this washer fluid?

Does any body in chicago run METH?

Thanks for any feedback.
Jay

Working on it... dont have a Chicago hookup for ya yet.

Blue Dye.. any effects of running the dye? Lots of guys run the winshield washer fluid.. but I havent.. so I dont know.

I started another post to hopefully compile sources for all.

Cheers

Well the chemical guy I'm using is getting me a 55 gallon drum for $150. He told me its 99.8% methanol, so when I get it on monday or tuesday I'll let you know what it says on the label. Worst case, I'll have a lot of clean windows for a long time.

55 gallons.. I feel so jealous :D

Clean windows are way over rated ;)

This may sound like a dumb one, but if you need 3 or 4 gallons ask an LPG supplier. They use it to pull moisture from out of their tanks whenever they add a new shipment of gas or if they've got a tank with a moisture problem.

Try denatured alcohol, also known as camp stove fuel. You can get it at department/harware stores or sporting goods places. It's mostly methanol. I've run it in a SMC alky setup with great results.