Lookin for a GN in Chgo...

Yeah, you should absolutely let me know when you're going next time... it'd be good to meet ya and see your car. Depending on where you live in Antioch, I might actually be closer to your house than McDonalds!

I just picked my 87 Gn up recently. Sorry but the VIN doesn't match your search. However, if your still a GN guy I will let you know the next time that I go to the Friday night car show at Rock n Roll McDonalds in Gurnee and you can at swing by and check it out. I see you live in Lindenhurst, I live in Antioch. Small world!

Good luck with your search,
Busyman

A couple more

Here's a couple more from October of 1994 with myself and my lovely wife. We were married six months at this point, and the GN was in the wedding convoy from St Mary's Church in Buffalo Grove to the reception.

102394 GN1.jpg

102394 GN1a.jpg

Well, I found it. Belongs to a man that lives in the Logan Square neighborhood on Armitage. He says he has two GN's currently. He says it's still in very nice condition, 80k miles now, plans on having it repainted in the fall, talked about having the bottom of the car sandblasted and cleaned up (which I will try to discourage him from doing) AND he's not interested in selling it back to me. :( :( :( I did tell him that, if anything, I would like to see it again before he gets it painted.

Oh, the heartache. It sounds like he cares for the car very much, though.....willing to get it painted and cleaned up. Don't know if I can convince him to sell..... I'm not much of a salesman. Any suggestions?

Well now you know where she is and your mind can rest some what. Soon or later we will run into him, I have buddies in that area with GNs but I am not sure. Few people come to mind is Rob, Herb, Juan ( I think Juan has two a nice Burgundy T type and a GN) Junior, Hector and few others.

I don't know what to tell you bud, I am the second owner of my GN and I wouldn't give that up for anything if the first owner shows up to buy it back. I would just look for another one before you lose your interest and build it up the way you like it. We are all here to help you!!

Prasad:cool:

Small world, I just dove past that area today looking for a GN mechanic to work on a project car of mine. Too bad the shop was non-existent... My search continues....

No, just says this:

01/09/2009

Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Chicago, IL
Title #X9009902006

Title issued or updated
New owner reported
Exempt from odometer reporting

I suppose if I knew someone in the law enforcement field or at the DMV, I might get somewhere with the title number....?

I bought a Scan master from a Spainish guy(kid) that had just bought a ratty GN ( needed some work) he work in the service department at the Lincolnwood Mercedes dealership...hope that leads somewhere..

edit:::::::::::::::::: i see you found it..

Well, I found it. Belongs to a man that lives in the Logan Square neighborhood on Armitage. He says he has two GN's currently. He says it's still in very nice condition, 80k miles now, plans on having it repainted in the fall, talked about having the bottom of the car sandblasted and cleaned up (which I will try to discourage him from doing) AND he's not interested in selling it back to me. :( :( :( I did tell him that, if anything, I would like to see it again before he gets it painted.

Oh, the heartache. It sounds like he cares for the car very much, though.....willing to get it painted and cleaned up. Don't know if I can convince him to sell..... I'm not much of a salesman. Any suggestions?

Well bud, it is a small world, your old car, the guy that owns is a good friend of mine, we go back almost twenty years. His name is Benny and goes by the name of SiverbulletGN here on the board. If you look at the Midwest meet pics that were posted, it’s by Benny.
If you really want to get that car back, there is a small glimmer of hope if you're willing to pay the price. If you still have my number call me or send me a PM and we can discuss it.
Man for some reason, I feel like a Grand National Pimp!!

Prasad:cool:

For the record, you car is in great hands, Benny is very meticulous. He takes very good care of your old car and he has a lot plans for that car. The car looks very sharp still and very clean.

Prasad