Lookin for a GN in Chgo...

mod93

I was feeling a wee bit nostalgic tonight, so I ran a carfax on my old GN... you know how it is... the 'I never shoulda sold it' car, and it turns out that it was registered to a new owner in Chicago in January of 2009. I know it's a long shot, hell it's barely a shot at all, but would anyone here know of someone who just picked up a GN? VIN is 1G4GJ117XHP456907.... I've had that memorized since 1991, believe it or not. If anyone here might know something about something, I'd sure be appreciative for a little insight.

Oh, and btw, i just picked up a 30 day subscription to carfax, if anyone needs a little help.

I was feeling a wee bit nostalgic tonight, so I ran a carfax on my old GN... you know how it is... the 'I never shoulda sold it' car, and it turns out that it was registered to a new owner in Chicago in January of 2009. I know it's a long shot, hell it's barely a shot at all, but would anyone here know of someone who just picked up a GN? VIN is 1G4GJ117XHP456907.... I've had that memorized since 1991, believe it or not. If anyone here might know something about something, I'd sure be appreciative for a little insight.

Oh, and btw, i just picked up a 30 day subscription to carfax, if anyone needs a little help.

Can you give us some specific details that is unique to you old GN so that we can ID it.

Prasad

Man, I wish there was something that stuck out about it. It was just a black GN. Last time I saw it was in '97, so I wouldn't have any idea what it would look like now... in my head it looks the same, but who knows. This was my first GN... bought it in 1991 when I was 18 with 57,000 miles on it for $8500! The only special thing about it was that it was the car that the Monogram model was made after. I bought it from a friend of my brothers who worked for Monogram in Morton Grove. That's not something you could know by looking at it though. New owner probably doesn't even know that. I still have the 1988 catalog that has the actual picture of the car in it... they didn't have the model built when it was time to get the catalog out, so they took a picture of the car. In the picture, though, the car has headlight covers on it and, from what I understand, a lot of people were kinda irked because they thought the model would come with the covers and, obviously, it didn't.

I appreciate everyone reading this and giving it some thought, although I know my chances are slim to none.

No, just says this:

01/09/2009

Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Chicago, IL
Title #X9009902006

Title issued or updated
New owner reported
Exempt from odometer reporting

I suppose if I knew someone in the law enforcement field or at the DMV, I might get somewhere with the title number....?

i have seen a couple of gn's in Morton Grove in drive ways and on the street.My office is in Morton Grove so i will keep my eye's out.

Wickedv6: Did you run the VIN against the barn database?

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, no it sounds like a clean car so it wouldn't be in the barn database. I was going to make few calls to see if they can run the VIN for me

Prasad:D

Ok, clue me in.... what's a barn database? Sounds like an inside joke.

I definitely appreciate your guys' help. It would be very nice to have the chance to get this car back. Unless, of course, it's been fubared... but, even then I'd have to give it some serious thought. :)

go to sos and request a title search. it will cost you $$ , but you'll find out who it's titled to

Ok, clue me in.... what's a barn database? Sounds like an inside joke.

I definitely appreciate your guys' help. It would be very nice to have the chance to get this car back. Unless, of course, it's been fubared... but, even then I'd have to give it some serious thought. :)

If it has been fubared... it would be in the barn database. :eek:

I am sure wickedv6's PM explained.

Good luck though, I wish I could find my first WE4 car.... oh wait that IS at the barn. :p

Here's a few pics from back in the day... only had it just over a year at that point. I'm gonna search for more pics..... I gotta have more. I took pictures of this car all the time.

Scan_Pic0006.jpg

Scan_Pic0007.jpg

Scan_Pic0009.jpg

Not mine ..

I just picked my 87 Gn up recently. Sorry but the VIN doesn't match your search. However, if your still a GN guy I will let you know the next time that I go to the Friday night car show at Rock n Roll McDonalds in Gurnee and you can at swing by and check it out. I see you live in Lindenhurst, I live in Antioch. Small world!

Good luck with your search,
Busyman