Look what I found on LS1tech...

You mean i dont have to wait 6-8 weeks for a roller cam??
You must be joking

You mean i dont have to wait 6-8 weeks for a roller cam??
You must be joking

Don't build an SB2 motor...6 weeks for a cam. I thought I was back in the Buick days.

When Louie started his V8 build, he'd call about parts. The problem wasn't where to find them, it was he had so many to pick from he had no idea where to start.

Think a Buick would ever do this??

http://www.bellracing.ws/040107 Stack.wmv

Yeah, that's stock suspension on radials at 3300#. The car was down to 149mph in the 1/8. It has been 156. He found out this week that the valve springs were down to 200# on the seat.

Thanks to Cal also. He helped us find a problem with the cam pickup this past weekend.

Thanks to Cal also. He helped us find a problem with the cam pickup this past weekend.

Man Cal helping Ford guys now???
I read this the other day
just because Cal bails on the community doesn't mean you should.

I cant think this is true about Cal,I just did a search and did see where he posted here just yesterday,He is still a mod here and his banner is still rolling here:confused:
Not sure why that comment was made:confused:

Originally Posted by Ted A. 03-29-2007, 05:55 PM
just because Cal bails on the community doesn't mean you should.

Otto,

Please do not play stupid as you usually do and it is clear you are trying to stir up the pot by bringing this comment on this thread and not quoting me in it's entirety as the comment was not directed that Cal does not help people in the community. It is clear that Cal is a talented Tuner and he does help people in other racing circuits other than Buicks. Dusty's testimony proves that.

I believe you dug up that partial quote made by me in a thread about you selling your TSO car or engine. The "bail" comment was about selling the V6 like you are doing. It sucks he sold out and went V8 but it is his dime and his right to do whatever he wants.

Sorry here is the whole comment,This isnt stirring ****,This is what you said exactly

Ted A. said:
Come on Otto, just because Cal bails on the community doesn't mean you should. Be DIFFERENT!!!!!

Man Cal helping Ford guys now???
I read this the other day

Nah, this was last Saturday. I was working on the Monte Carlo to try and get the idle and part throttle tuned. We were having issues with the cam sync signal being irratic. One phone call to Cal narrowed it down:cool:

Sorry here is the whole comment,This isnt stirring ****,This is what you said exactly

Like I said, what other reason would you scramble around looking at his posts he has made (recently) and his status on his banners on the board, ect. The comment was made on YOUR THREAD and on topic of you selling your engine/car. What other reason would you bring this $hit on a LS1 conversion thread.

Like I said, it is a shame he isn't going to continue and run TSO and keep the V6 turbo motor. I have to say I can't blame him as he isn't going to have to wait for parts anymore that's for sure.

Wow! what's the combo on that car?

Basically the same as my new combo. The difference is he's using a tall deck aluminum block so he can run more stroke. It's a 436ci SBC with SB2.2 Nascar heads, Precision 106mm turbo, liquid intercooler, PTC Glide and bolt together converter. It still rides on stock suspension with shocks and all in the stock location with a home-made Wolfe like anti-roll bar on 295/65 M/T radials. Best time has been a 4.93 at 156mph

Forgot to add the pic

Attachments

• stack2.jpg
    stack2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 428
Nah, this was last Saturday. I was working on the Monte Carlo to try and get the idle and part throttle tuned. We were having issues with the cam sync signal being irratic. One phone call to Cal narrowed it down:cool:

Dusty, was it a dual sync distributor?

Dusty, was it a dual sync distributor?

Nope, it's got a MSD pickup in the timing chain cover and a magnet on the cam gear. Looks like the issue is voltage drop through an aftermarket extension harness which is needed to get the wiring all the way to the front of the motor. When you rev the car the signal stabilizes. At idle it was dropping two cylinders. We were able to narrow it down real quickly thanks to those blinking lights on the XFI.

Like I said, what other reason would you scramble around looking at his posts he has made (recently) and his status on his banners on the board, ect. The comment was made on YOUR THREAD and on topic of you selling your engine/car. What other reason would you bring this $hit on a LS1 conversion thread.

Like I said, it is a shame he isn't going to continue and run TSO and keep the V6 turbo motor. I have to say I can't blame him as he isn't going to have to wait for parts anymore that's for sure.

Not for nothing but making a statement like that about him CAN give the people that read it the wrong idea.

Thats not good for business no matter how YOU meant it.

BTW Phone working?

Not for nothing but making a statement like that about him CAN give the people that read it the wrong idea.

Thats not good for business no matter how YOU meant it.

BTW Phone working?

You bring up a valid point Otto. I'll make sure in the future I spell things out a little better so this may not happen again.

Phone works and for once the voice mail has been working right.......

Where do you guys get the idea it is quicker and cheaper for the SBC than the S2?

Scat billet pendulum cut,knife edged lightened crank 22 weeks
SB2 cam for std journals 48 hours
GRP aluminum custom rods 7 weeks
Arias top fuel custom pistons 6 weeks
Dart block 1 day
NEW CNC ported SB2.2 heads 16 weeks

The only thing I bought that I got quicker and cheaper was the block!!!! The rest of the stuff cost WAAAAAAAY more than a Buick and took longer for the most part! Maybe it is my selection of old school stuff (I didnt want a Tahoe engine in my race car)

That Monte Carlo is Bad A$$. V8's are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like going to the local track and Annihilating a big block opened header car with your little v6, but nothing sounds like a V8.

I hope to see all these V8 Buicks at Bowling Green. Wonder if Dusty will be attending with his car?

Where do you guys get the idea it is quicker and cheaper for the SBC than the S2?

Scat billet pendulum cut,knife edged lightened crank 22 weeks
SB2 cam for std journals 48 hours
GRP aluminum custom rods 7 weeks
Arias top fuel custom pistons 6 weeks
Dart block 1 day
NEW CNC ported SB2.2 heads 16 weeks

The only thing I bought that I got quicker and cheaper was the block!!!! The rest of the stuff cost WAAAAAAAY more than a Buick and took longer for the most part! Maybe it is my selection of old school stuff (I didnt want a Tahoe engine in my race car)

Bill,

I expect you to start a thread about the TTA in this section ASAP.

Thanks in advance,