Look how much Iraqis pay for gas!!

I still wouldn't trade my situation for anybody in Iraq's... What's the average Iraqi make in a year? $1500? $3000?

BAGHDAD, Iraq - While Americans are shelling out record prices for fuel, Iraqis pay only about 5 cents a gallon for gasoline — a benefit of hundreds of millions of dollars subsidies bankrolled by American taxpayers.

They're right, they have every reason to hate us.:rolleyes:

All that gas and not a GN in sight.:D

A good 1/3 of our gas cost as consumers is tax. When you figure up what you pay in "double taxation" on an annual basis, it's likely to be 50% of your gross income. Still we as a country can spend all this and more. But I agree I'd rather be living here than there for sure.

And being able to cook over fresh camel droppings!.

Hmm, second though, I won't be moving over there for the gas savings.....

Ya, another good warm fuzzy plan to make the world a better place, getting screwed up.

At the shell station by the home i just moved into, they post on the pump exactly what taxes we pay, 47 cents a gallon here...pensacola florida.....

Think of all the SUV's we'll be selling them over the next ten years. They can have my wifes, now if I could pry it out of her hands.

No big revelation here. That we are subidizing the Iraqis, since it is the US Oil (Energy) cartel that is behind all this.

This is not new information, its been on-going for some time. A big disappointment, yes. Surprised? No.

Look at the company(s) that is involved in this oil (gas) profiteering. Its not a question of us living here, and Iraqis living there. Its about who/what we are subsidizing at our expense.

The remarks are not placed here to Pissss off anyone, but I am surprised that there appears to be little animosity towards those who choose to make a profit there while many are being killed.

I'm certain that GWB will do something about it soon-expect it.:cool:

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
All that gas and not a GN in sight.

In Iraq, I saw 1 Saleen Mustang near Karbala in a parking lot (we flew back and circled low around it because we couldn' t believe it...I think someone took a picture of it , I'll check). Saw quite a few older model Caprices. Lots and lots of BMWs and Mercedes, everything from 3 series to 7 series. But mostly there were orange & white taxis/junkers of varying POS makes & models. In Kuwait I saw 2 GNs at the airport, one looked very sand blasted and faded but the other looked it was in real good shape. I saw quite a few SS Impys in Kuwait too.

Originally posted by black heat
No big revelation here. That we are subidizing the Iraqis, since it is the US Oil (Energy) cartel that is behind all this.

This is not new information, its been on-going for some time. A big disappointment, yes. Surprised? No.

Look at the company(s) that is involved in this oil (gas) profiteering. Its not a question of us living here, and Iraqis living there. Its about who/what we are subsidizing at our expense.

The remarks are not placed here to Pissss off anyone, but I am surprised that there appears to be little animosity towards those who choose to make a profit there while many are being killed.

I'm certain that GWB will do something about it soon-expect it.:cool:

Now that's what I'd expect from a "Californian"! :rolleyes: I'd really love to know just WHO is profiteering in Iraq selling Iraqis their own oil for a nickel a gallon. Where's the margin in that? :confused:

Its not just Iraq

Go to any oil exporting country and fill up the tank. I was stationed at White Sands Missile Range, NM and my platoon LT would go to El Paso on the weekends. He was a happy guy to just cross over the border and fill up on the cheap before he came back to post.

Don't forget that the oil does not have to be transported half way around the world for consumption.

They probably don't have all the screwball fuel blends that we have to deal with on a state to state basis here in the US.

Originally posted by gordyzx9r
In Iraq, I saw 1 Saleen Mustang near Karbala in a parking lot (we flew back and circled low around it because we couldn' t believe it...I think someone took a picture of it , I'll check). Saw quite a few older model Caprices. Lots and lots of BMWs and Mercedes, everything from 3 series to 7 series. But mostly there were orange & white taxis/junkers of varying POS makes & models. In Kuwait I saw 2 GNs at the airport, one looked very sand blasted and faded but the other looked it was in real good shape. I saw quite a few SS Impys in Kuwait too.
Really? Cool! I have an old GSXTRA somewhere with a picture taken by a soldier (can't remember where....?) of an '86 GN that someone had just set ablaze and let burn down to bare metal......these people are really sick.