Lokar Dipstick for Buick V6 109/231

87TurboGN

Well

I have been looking for a locking Oil Dip Stick option for my GN. I found one! I spoke with Jeff McClure at Loakr and he said that they do not make a specific one, but in his notes, a few people have used the LS1 version,

I ordered it from Summit Racing for $79 and received it today. The diameter is exactly the same as our stock one, about .390

Part # 1220074

This dipstick has a snap in locking mechanism, similar to an air hose tool. so with a little pressure, it snaps in against an internal o-ring.

See my pictures. It worked with a few adjustments.

1. The o-ring should be removed, I could not get it to go in with it.
2. A few minor bends in the mounting piece to line up the hole for the header
3. Some high temp gasket sealer at the base, like we do on the stock one.
4. If you have a Girdle, the measurement marker will catch, so once you put it in, you will not get it out with out unmounting everything, so taper/smooth the hump out with a file. It will still catch a little but will come out fine.

I had not seem many post on options, so I thought I would share this with every one.

The only negative I could find, is that is the handle placement is a little lower than the stock, but it is perfect for me.

Attachments

• IMG00131.jpg
    IMG00131.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG00132.jpg
    IMG00132.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG00135.jpg
    IMG00135.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 674
  • IMG00137.jpg
    IMG00137.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 712
  • IMG00138.jpg
    IMG00138.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 664
Very nice. I had tried in the past to fit one to a v6 without success. I have used their TH400 dipsticks when doing 200R4 to 400 swaps.

Very nice-i like it ! I already have one for the trans-guess its time to install it.

on the engine end is the stick the same length as the factory stick?

Sorry for the delay. The stick was slightly shorter. I am going through a girdle and intor a DLS Aluminum pan. With 6 Qts, because of the deeper pan, I still measured it in the middle of the marker.

It sould be right on for the stock 109 steup, but if you really know your motor, just do an oil change when you install the stick and check the reading, then you know where your true full mark will be.

CA