Lock Up

Jürgen2

Oversea Member
Hey all, I´m going to use a 2004r transmission in my Chevelle and I guess this is the best place to ask about.

The 2004r is a PTS StreetKiller Trans. It will lock up in 2nd 3rd and 4th gear. It comes with a 2800stall tc. Now what is the best way to control the Lockup?

I guess the easiest way is to use a switch inside the car, but I´d like to have the LU working automatically.

Some guys tell me I should use a break switch and a vacuum switch to control the lock up. But where do I get this vacuum switch from?

Thanks
Juergen

Thanks,
but I still don´t know where I can get the engine vacuum switch you see on this diagram:
376600_fig5.gif

Juergen S

Just use a switch for now, there's a new product in the works that'll be the best answer. It's being Beta Tested now. It's allows for MAP or TPS, override, and gear switch enables. Plus is fully self contained and programable.

That sounds interesting. Can you tell me a little more about that product?
How does it work? What parameters can be adjusted?

Thanks
Juergen S

Originally posted by Jürgen2
That sounds interesting. Can you tell me a little more about that product?
How does it work? What parameters can be adjusted?

As I'm using it, I can set min, and max TPS, and road speed, as the enables. And there is a hyst setting to make sure it doesn't chatter on and off.

There are options for using MAP instead of TPS, different VSS inputs, transmission switches, and a manual override.

I tried some of the other setups some years ago, and they always had the TCC constantly cycling on and off. Or a little hill would do cycle it off. They all seemed to be annoying.

Ok, thanks, but forgive me my bad english, but I don´t know what
MAP, TPS or VSS is standing for.
Please could you explain that to me?

Thanks
Juergen S

Originally posted by Jürgen2
Ok, thanks, but forgive me my bad english, but I don´t know what
MAP, TPS or VSS is standing for.
Please could you explain that to me?

MAP, Manifold Absolute Pressure, engine vacuum
TPS, Throttle Position Sensor
VSS, Vehicle Speed Sensor.

There ya go.

When will this product be available? And from what company?

Meanwhile I´d like to play a little with these Vacuum switches. Anyone knows where I can get them?

thanks
Juergen S

The correct GM number is 14014519. About $40 from the local Chevy dealer and about $30 from a local parts store that carries Delco.
Probably be a little harder to find acoss the pond though.

Jim