Lock Up Torque Converter not shifting to OD?

OneBadTT

Can someone explain to me how I can adjust the transmission/torque converter to allow it to shift into OD? It stays in 3rd gear up to 55 mph and won't shift any further. Is it an adjustment at the console shifter or the detent cable or the shift linkgage? I have a Street Brawler lock up torque converter. Thanks.

Can someone explain to me how I can adjust the transmission/torque converter to allow it to shift into OD? It stays in 3rd gear up to 55 mph and won't shift any further. Is it an adjustment at the console shifter or the detent cable or the shift linkgage? I have a Street Brawler lock up torque converter. Thanks.

It still won't shift into OD at 65-70mph?

I don't think it has. I was driving it hard when tuning it and got up to near 100 with no shift from 3rd to OD. My powerlogger has shown the car in P/N when I am in gear driving. Any chance that has something to do with it?

I don't think it has. I was driving it hard when tuning it and got up to near 100 with no shift from 3rd to OD. My powerlogger has shown the car in P/N when I am in gear driving. Any chance that has something to do with it?

You can back off of the TV cable some to see if it helps.

I doubt the p/n switch has anything to do with trans not shifting.

What was the rpm at 100mph? You should clearly see the rpm drops on the pl file and count them to see if it changed 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 and a slight rpm change if the converter locks.

4th

If you're crusieing @ 60 mph and lightly let up on the throttle--it should shift into 4th assuming trans is working properly. As Dusty suggested--back off the TV adjustment a couple clicks. Shifting into 4th and TC lockup can sometimes be hard to tell which it is doing.