Local GNX and GN up for auction

gndoug

CSB Crew
I posted in GNX section also.

GN with under 20k miles and GNX with 7k miles:eek: :eek:

My buddy works for Contra Costa county out here in california. I guess the story behind the car is it was in a locked garage with a few other cars. The gentleman who owned them passed away, and the family did not want to deal with the assets left behind. After a certain amount of time it gets handed over to the county. They went over to clear out the garage, pop it open, and discover a few cars. One including a 7000 mile GNX, and another GN.

Public Surplus: Auction #348908

Public Surplus: Auction #348923

I talked to my buddy and told him to get more info on the car.... I'm interested to see how this turns out!!

there is a chance for some one to get a deal on a GNX . I wonder if it will get enough atention to get some one to buy it for what it would on ebay.

new found money

man i wouldn't touch that man's cars:eek: , find his family and give it to them and hopefully they can cherish like he did. i know one thing, who ever buys his cars better believe he'll be riding shotgun.:cool:

Cars

To bid on these cars you are asked for a credit card and they will charge you $5000, it makes me just a little nervous. Anybody done this before? Also, if you default on the bid they keep your 5 grand!

bob aka stgman

I bid on the only one that makes sense to bid on (GNX).

The site says the 5k won't be charged unless I back out, yadda yadda. But I just logged in to my CC and it is in fact "taking up 5k of my credit limit". Watch yourselves on that, I guess.

Also, there is a 19.25% tax on the car + 4 yrs of CA registration due.

I bid on the only one that makes sense to bid on (GNX).

The site says the 5k won't be charged unless I back out, yadda yadda. But I just logged in to my CC and it is in fact "taking up 5k of my credit limit". Watch yourselves on that, I guess.

Also, there is a 19.25% tax on the car + 4 yrs of CA registration due.

Actually, I perconally don't see where either one of them make much sense.

The auction states "EVERYTHING ON THIS VEHICLE ARE ORIGINAL DIRECT FROM FACTORY"

I DON'T THINK SO! But that is pretty typical that the folks auctioning stuff like this don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Guys, you are buying a pig in a poke here. The people moving these cars around as well as the stuff being moved around these vehicles create damage to the property quite often.

Also as ebison stated, there is a 9.25% state tax on the car PLUS a 10%buyers premium PLUS the back registration fees due on a vehicle that is obviously misrepresented. The GNX could potentially be a deal only if you inspected it before making a bid and had some assurances of the care that would be taken of the car after bidding, which they will give you no assurance other than the assurance that you wil have to pay for it if you bid and win.

Neither car has met the reserve at this time and with the same additional fees on the GN, it is no deal even if the reserve had been met where the bid is currently.

Be careful here guys. I have seen how many of these auctions end up, and typically, they only end up good for the people auctioning the vehicle off.:eek:

Made a call just to check this out. Spoke to a Johnson something, he say's the car is only subject to %9.25 tax and the reg. fees if bought in Calif. Out of state or country pay the purchase price and %10 buyers premium. My only concern is who really owns this, is there ahead office, easy transfer of title, etc. If someone is int. they should get it insp. first. Two Bryan's, what do you believe is non orig. on this gnx? Later guy's.:)

Two Bryan's, what do you believe is non orig. on this gnx?

The first and most obvious thing would be the tires, but I have not looked at the photos very closely at all. I would bet, up close there is plenty more to be found if this car is anything like the majority of other stuff like it I have seen. Like I said, the guys that run these type of auctions typically don't have a clue and really don't care how they represent them anyway.

And just to make my position perfectly clear on this one before anyone asks, No, I have not and will not be bidding on this vehicle.

If it was closer so that i could take a look I would think about it it looks real clean in the pics.