Lo-Reverse Clutch Unit Removal & Replacement

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
hello,

I am getting geared up to overhaul a 200 4r and have been reading up on the proceedure in the CK manual and the ATSG 200 4r manual. The need for a tool to perform the Lo-Reverse Clutch Unit Removal & Replacement has come to the fore front. I was wondering what the builders are using. I bid on this but lost

eBay Motors: 89-2005 GM Kent Moore Transmission Specialty Tool (item 220112757195 end time May-22-07 19:00:00 PDT)

Is it the best or should I go for one of these?

Low/Reverse Clutch Or Center Support Remover-Installer - 111059

Or the HD version?

Hayden T1059HD Lo-Reverse Clutch Center Support Unit Remover and Installer

Just wondering what works for you.

Thanks for your input.

I've used one like the 2nd one, it works just fine. I found one like it on EBay for around $20. He had a store on EBay but I can't remember the name of it.

I've used one like the 2nd one, it works just fine. I found one like it on EBay for around $20. He had a store on EBay but I can't remember the name of it.

I am also using this one with no problems. Works great. I bought mine on ebay a few years ago from lorieandjeff for $25.

Lo Rev clutch removal tool

I was too cheap to buy the correct tool. I just used two rods with a half inch 90° angle bent at the ends. Copper tubing hammered flat with a bend at one end works for me. Make sure the little oil seal (I think that's what its called) is removed out of the case first then reach in with the two tools and pull evenly working your way around the inner circle. This idea doesn't work for me in winter, the aluminum case seems to shrink enough to tighten up the grip on the clutch housing. Hope this makes sense.
Peter