Little plastic inserts for sun visor

webby

Doesn't someone sell replacement inserts so my sun visors can be tightened once again?
I'm sure I saw them somewhere, but it has been a couple of years.

i'd like to hear ideas for fixing worn visors. my sunvisors are worn and dog eared, but fabric is good, and I have the FACTORY fuel/oil sticker on the drivers side. even has the part #. can't lose the sticker.

Last I new, Kirban Performance Products sells a reproduction sticker for $7.50

I am going to have a local auto trim shop re-cover my visors, as they recently did my headliner.

The GM part number is 12337899. They come in a package of 10.
Lifetime supply, I guess :)

Mark

Webby, I know kirban's makes a repro, but the repro doesnt' have the part number on it.

Mark, is that the number for the factory sticker?? Time to visit the buick dealer again.......

Originally posted by twizz
Webby, I know kirban's makes a repro, but the repro doesnt' have the part number on it.

Mark, is that the number for the factory sticker?? Time to visit the buick dealer again.......

That is the part number for the sleeve that inserts into the sun visor.

How hard are those inserts to change out...my visor keeps falling down and the screw is tight...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you just remove the screw and you can pull the plastic sleeve out (You may not even have to remove the screw, I don't remember).

If you loosen the screw, the visor pulls straight off the hinge rod so you can work with it.

The best way is to take the sunvisor of the roof. Remove the one lockscrew on the sunvisor and gently pull the chrome support off the visor. GM never used the plastic bushing as far as I know. It was what was called a field repair item. Be carefull pulling the support off because inside the sunvisor there is a metal sleeve attached to the cardboard inner section and you can accidently pull the metal off the card board. Also wash your hands so you dont get the material greasy and watch out so the fabric doesn't seperate from the cardboard. A real easy job but take your time and do it right. Thanks Eric Fisher

yes my sun visors are in great shape but when i hit a bump they will drop down....

i know you gave the part # on the rubber strap things but where can you order them and how many do you have to put on each visor.. i think mine are pretty warn

Not sure what you're talking about "rubber strap things" but I picked up some plastic sleeve inserts today from local GM dealer
...about 60 cents a piece...need 1 per visor...

sorry i meant the inserts.... jsut was in a hurry

any GM dealer should carry them?

60 cents a piece... cant beat that!!

what about dog-eared sunvisors?? i have a t-top car, but my visors are from a hardtop, and the corners are broken from being pushed against the headliner. again, I want to keep my FACTORY sticker, which means i need to reuse the fabric. not a problem, fabric is in good condition, but how do i wrap it around new cardboard??