Little help on a real dumb Question

pwhite

I purchased an 87 GN about 3 weeks ago. I purchased the following parts and am in the act of installing them 38# inj. 307 FPwith hot wire , adj. fpr, adj. wastegate rod, K&n set up . 93 street chip & scan master 2.1. My question is (and i feel dumb for asking) were does the chip plug into and is there any thing special I need to about installing the injectors? THANKS:confused:

The chip goes in the computer that is located under the pass side kick panel.. There will be a little piece on the front of the computer that is held in place with two little screws, Take them out and you will be looking at the chip. First thing you will want to do before anything is to disconect your battery! (Very important). If you dont you take the chance of frying the computer;)
Good luck,
Matt:cool:

The chip goes into the ECM which is located on the driver side kick panel. It is inside the box... there is a small lid to take off.

Do a search here or www.gnttype.org and you can learn all about changing injectors. It is pretty straight forward. If I can do it, you can also.

HTH

Joel

The chip installs in the ECM located in the passenger kick panel . Disconect the orange wire near the battery and be careful about static electicty,it can damage the chip . The chip goes in one way , there is a 3 pin side and 2 pin side.
And the inj's,Relieve the fuel presure by disconecting the fuel pump (connector at the rear of car)and start the car and run until it dies ,disconnect fuel feed and return line , remove coil pack and ign module ,remove four bolts that hold the fuel rail. revmove fuel inj wire connectors,pull up on the fuel rail and remove inj's, make sure the o'rings come out of intake and fuel rail . Install in reverse order , use a lube on the new inj's orings on install.
Hope its is clear enough to help