List what your setup consists of

could u compete with stock size locations of the speakers?

do u think if i got those new infinity kappas that would sound really good?

Yeah, you could compete with a "stock location" system. Of course, your competitors will most likely win ;)

If you want to get an idea what the Infinitys sound like, goto a car audio shop that has them and ask for a in-car demo. Simple as that.

do any of you guys take your cars to stereo competitions, if so tell me what a good setup for a stereo in a g-body that you could compete with.... what size speakers and such..

i am just sick of spending my money on junk, get me setup good guys so that I can get people to turn there heads and hear the extreme clarity coming from my regal and slammin bass

2 ways

1. Learn about audio acoustics, electronics and components through experience and talking to others and design your own system

or

2. Pay someone to design a system for you

AND

I don't know if its JUST ME, but it seems like Audiwizard, GNandTTA, FlynGN and numerous others, including me have gone over several aspects of what components are of good quality, where to get them for cheap, how to install them, where to locate speakers for optimum sound imaging and quality????

Have you READ any of our replies? I'm starting to wonder.

Pioneer DEH 12 45x4
3-1/2 OEM up front
4x10 OEM in the usual spot
2 GM 6x9's and 5x7's in the back window i made a custom holder to use the shelf.
2 Kicker 10' C-10A's
2 Crunch 10' power ones
Profile 400 watt amp
500watt Road gear amp..lol i know
Boston acoustics crossovers on the 6x9s 5x7s and the 4x10s
135 Audiovox amp on the 6x9s and the 5x7s
no bass blockers for me
and ghettofied RCA cables

i adgree w/ darkfe8... seems like he aske ques that weve ansewered... and over and over.

82Regal:

GEEZ MAN, you need to calm down (PLEASE!) & chill with the constant peppering of everyone with the same couple of questions. Save up your questions for one post at a time & TRY to actually pay attention to what people are posting.

Here is the lowdown on my system:

Pioneer DEH-P430 CD player, 50 watts x 4 (very clean power & nice features for the money)

Pioneer 3 1/2"s in the dash (I forget the model #)

Cerwin Vega Stealth Series 5 1/4"s in the doors

Cerwin Vega Stealth Series 6x9"s in the rear deck

Earthquake bandpass box / amp (150 watts mono) / 10" sub combo on the rear trunk shelf

Future plans:

Custom built sub box on the trunk's rear shelf (Cerwin Vega most likely) powered by either a home built tube (I like to tinker) or HiFonics amp (best budget amp out there IMO)

Trunk carpet kit w/ spots built-in to house an amp, electronic crossover unit & cd changer

custom pods for the spot under the 1/4 window for a 6 1/2" or 8" driver (ala mcss383's install) ;)

Fosgate 3 1/2" midbass in the dash & some sort of tweeter seperate on the a-pillar or door panel

Doug C.

Alpine CDM-7861
Eclipse 2 ways...Stock Door's, Alpine 3 way 6X9's in the back...not satisfied at all! Sounds ok, maybe if I replace the door's it might sound better. Like to put one 10 or so in the trunk but I'm concentrating on the motor right now.

audiowizard how many db does ur system hit? Is it usually cooler to have all the same brand stuff if u do up a system?

Originally posted by Eighty2Regal
audiowizard how many db does ur system hit? Is it usually cooler to have all the same brand stuff if u do up a system?

It was metered at a little over 135 db before I tweaked it out. Next year I am rebuilding system with 4 10" subs and more power. The trunk is going to be formed and painted fiberglass with plexi-glass and motorization.

As a personal choice I like matching equipment for aesthetic purposes especially when my trunk receives alot of attention at car shows :cool: .

My setup -

Head unit - Pioneer #? 50w x 4
Stock 3.5's in dash(soon to be replaced w/ 1" tweeters)
Polk 5-1/4" in doors
Infinity Kappa 693.1i 6x9's in rear; 3-ways
RF XLC 10" sub in home built sealed box, measuring .75 cubic feet.
MTX Thunder 240 (200 watts)

Ross

Source-
Alpine,..uh..(runs to car to check)CDA7842
BBE proccesing 4V pre outs Ai-net controller with remote

Front Stage-
Infinity Kappa 5 1/4" component set
Q-Forms kick panels
McIntosh MC427 (yes, I own a McIntosh stop drooling already!)

Rear-
JL Audio 12w0 (x2)
Custom enclosure
Alpine MRV1000 rated @100x2, but really putting out 660X1 (!)

Phoenix Gold Power, Ground, and Distribution components
Phoenix Gold RCA interconnects

...and lots and lots of Dynamat :D

do u guys with 3.5 fade ur sound to the rear or no??? i can only turn up my headunit up to 20 with superbass on or the 3.5 start to crackle

i am going to get an aw1500 audiobahn in my car. Ported box. I think its gonna pound like a mother 700 watts rms!

Here's what my system consists of.

1) Alpine 7909
2) Punch 200ix
3) Punch 4ch amp
4) Audiocontrol EQX
5) Audiocontrol Epicenter
6) Audiocontrol system 90
7) Audiocontrol line driver
8) Infinity Kappa's 6X9's (rear side pannels)
9) (4) Dynaudio 7" midbass (custom door pannel, but not in yet)
10) Dynaudio 3" midrange
11) Polk Audio DB300 tweeter (stock 3" location)
12) Alpine pro's tweeter (Dynaudio)
13) Dual 2.5" Bose center channel
14) (1) Soundstream SPL12 (temporry)
15) (2) Cerwin Vega 15" or 18" Trunk load (comming soon!)

Originally posted by Eighty2Regal
do u guys with 3.5 fade ur sound to the rear or no??? i can only turn up my headunit up to 20 with superbass on or the 3.5 start to crackle

Yes I do. I adjust the gain on the fronts vs. the rears to get the best sound. With the bass blockers the 3.5" can go a LOT higher without breaking up.

I talked to my buddy who is into alot of bass and he told me this is what he has in his truck, 3.5 infinity and 6 by 9 infinity, 2 audiobahn alum12's. Withh 425 going to each sub. He has a jeep and he has 1,200 watt amp going to 2 jl w3 12's. He says the jl's are alot better they hit much harder and sound clearer he says but hes like dont get me wrong the audiobahns are good.

it seems the infinity's are the best 3.5's i have come by and that is my major weekness. Mine crackle when I turn it up loud. I have looked online for days and those new kappas seem best for the 3.5 opening. You think the best place to get the 4 by 10 wire thing in the back is at a junkyard? I need to find since i threw mine away and get 6 by 9 adaptor so mine are sitting on the ground in the trunk. I plan on getting another punch he sub 10 and then getting a 800.2 fosgate amp and then get the kappa 3.5 in front and kappa 6 by 9's u think that system would be pretty sweet