Line-Loc questions

Pronto

Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.
I would like to install line-loc so I can do a burnout without heating the rear pads. My questions are:
1) Are guys using an ashtray pod switch? If not where are you mounting the switch.
2) I assume the solenoid is threaded SAE. Do you just cut the line to the front brakes and reflare them with SAE compression (double flared) fittings or do you have to use metric fittings and then an adapter?
3) Do they affect the normal braking to the front calipers?
4) How long does the solenoid last? Are they reliable?
Thanks.

Originally posted by Pronto
I would like to install line-loc so I can do a burnout without heating the rear pads. My questions are:
1) Are guys using an ashtray pod switch? If not where are you mounting the switch.
2) I assume the solenoid is treaded SAE. Do you just cut the line to the front brakes and reflare them with SAE compression fittings or do you have to use metric fittings and then an adapter?
3) Do they affect the normal braking to the front calipers?
4) How long does the solenoid last? Are they reliable?
Thanks.
1. We use the HURST loc, and it has a sw that mounts on the shifter stalk.
2. The solenoids are threaded w/ 1/8" NPT threads. Some kits come w/ the fittings. They are NPT to flare.
You NEVER use a compression fitting on a brake system!:eek: Due to the seam found inside common brake line, it's mandatory that double flares be used to prevent leaks.
3. They do not affect ft brake use, if installed as you are told on the instructions.
4. The HURST we use is rebuildable, and I've never had one need rebuilding. [Been using them for ALOT of yrs.;) ]

I have had problems w/ others that have had poor threading in the body. The adapter fittings screw all the way into the end of the threads, and still leak...Cheapo crap from China, I suspect.

The HURST is a few more bucks, but well worth the diff..

I wasn't sure what you call that nut that secures the flared line to the fitting. Is it called a flare nut? I know not to use unflared compression fitting for brakes.

Yup flare nut is the proper name. :)

Metric fitting into the powermaster system.

You can get an adatper at NAPA to go from a 3/16" line to metric and then use the Hurst install kit which has 3/16" to NPT adapters in it to go into the line lock.

Then you can cut and reflare the stock line and use a 3/16" nut to go into a second adapter into the other line lock port.

Used 2 Hurst ones on my cars too they work great.

You can also use the metric nut from the cutoff fitting and put it on a reflared 3/16" line into the powermaster if you don't want to use an adapter.