Limited Lighted Dash Plaque or Plate Identification

dwall

I have these extra parts from parts cars that were cannibalized by a roundy round racer I knew.
  1. There is a broken lighted dash plaque that uses two bulbs (that had no harness attached) and..
  2. A lighted dash plaque that is pretty much intact - Is it AC? and...
  3. A harness section that looks like it might be part of No. 2
I don't want to throw this stuff out without trying to make my own lighted dash plaque. The old pack rat can't throw anything away!

I am looking for any insight anyone might have about how to test, connect, restore, rebuild or modify either of these for a project car dash.

Aa.JPG Ab.JPG Ac.JPG Ad.JPG Ae.JPG Af.JPG

The Limited dash plaques don't use bulbs as I recall. They are some sort of funky electroluminescent unit. I've only ever seen one post explaining how they work. I'll see if I can dig it up when I get home. BTW, even when working, it's typically quite faint. You won't likely be able to see it lit up unless it's dark out.

the early limiteds (84 and earlier i believe) were back lit with standard bulbs (the one in top pics)
the later were flourescent and used a ballast (lower pic)
the ballast just needs 12v (and a ground) to make the insert glow

The Limited dash plaques don't use bulbs as I recall. They are some sort of funky electroluminescent unit. I've only ever seen one post explaining how they work. I'll see if I can dig it up when I get home. BTW, even when working, it's typically quite faint. You won't likely be able to see it lit up unless it's dark out.

I have never seen either of these working - I appreciate the info. I failed looking around but may have been using faulty search terms - that's what usually happens... aarggh.

the early limiteds (84 and earlier i believe) were back lit with standard bulbs (the one in top pics)
the later were fluorescent and used a ballast (lower pic)
the ballast just needs 12v (and a ground) to make the insert glow

It looks like all I need is 12v source to test the second one. I may take the other apart to see what a couple bulbs and some juice will do. At the very least I may find that the frame will house a fabricated light box type screen? I don't know where or if this will lead to something I like??? We'll see.

Thanks guys.