Limited 2 Turbo project

it's ronnie but as long as your helping i will be reggie lol.....anyways. IAC only moved when i give it throttle. i saw it go as high as 35. BLM was 128 when i first cranked it but after a couple of times reving motor it dropped to the 105. motor wouldnt idle with MAF connected.

Jeremy, those last settings i went to caused everything to go down hill....I set rpm to about 600 (low as i could get) reset tps to .42 and everything got worse.
i have a new o2 sensor (ac delco) on the way, along with a new IAC and 160 thermostat. and im considering getting a new tps also. are the wells brand replacements worth buying ?

guess i will set rpm back to about 750 when i put new o2 etc. on and see how it goes. also gonna look for some 10.5 mm wires and run some injector cleaner through it and see if that helps any.

Ronnie, I should have told you to set it at 600 while the car is warm and in drive with your foot on the brake. My bad. Give it a shot again tomorrow.

I thought a few people might like to see where i was with motor, and what the car its going into looked like at the moment......

Attachments

• 0926091825-00.jpg
    0926091825-00.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 723
  • 0530102258-01.jpg
    0530102258-01.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 730
  • 0530102258-00.jpg
    0530102258-00.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 733
Thanks my Buick brother. i wasnt big on the GM blue at first but i like it with the black. i'm hoping to pull the regal into the shop and start the disassembly of old and the inserting of new about wed.

Ok, guess its time for another update. i had a 2nd sugery on my right arm so car has been sitting for a little over 2 weeks now. just got back on it today and thought i would post a few new pics. the console is from an 84 cutlass. it was brown but i painted it black. its just a temp til i get a regal console later. in the motor pics as you can see i took the ridges on the valve covers and upper plenum back to the aluminum. something just didnt look right with them all black. i think it looks much better now. and yeah yeah i know the car is dirty inside that isnt on the priority list at the moment lol. anyways, here is where i am.......rear end is in. tank should go in tomorrow. i ran all my wires for hotwire on the pump today. 10 gauge all the way to the plug on the pump. once the tank is in, i'm completely redoing the rear brakes(wheel cylinders, pads, new spring kit and black paint on the drums) then its off to getting the motor and trans finished up and dropped in. its a slow process being i'm one armed at the moment and my friend thats helping me works all day so we dont do much, just what we can in the evenings so that he still has his wife and kids time. but its coming along and nothing is being rushed.
now as far as the last pic of the black and silver 86 T-type. i posted that pic because thats the paint job im leaning towards at this moment for the car. every since i first saw that picture i have loved that paint scheme. and since my regal is a Limited by title i dont really want to paint it all black like a GN i dont want to have people thinking thats what it is. i just want everyone to know its a Turbocharged Regal. Not a GN. (just a respect thing to all the GN owners out there in my eyes)

now for my latest question. i know a routine trans fluid change is 3.48 quarts according to Peter Hoffman's information guide. but i need to know exactly how much to do the complete change. we lost alot of fluid on the floor when we pulled the trans (don't ask lol) so i need to know how much the converter gets besides the 3 1/2 quarts the pan gets.

Well there you have it. all interested parties are up to speed on my limited to turbo project.....more to come. stay tuned

feel free to bash me for having the cutlass console in my regal...i deserve it....

Attachments

• 0604101817-00.jpg
    0604101817-00.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 648
  • 0604101816-01.jpg
    0604101816-01.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 667
  • 0608102021-00.jpg
    0608102021-00.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 646
  • 0610101650-00.jpg
    0610101650-00.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 649
  • 1986 Buick T-Type WHI Designer S.jpg
    1986 Buick T-Type WHI Designer S.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 644
Looking great Ronnie! Keep up the good work and take care of your arms. Remember your health is way more imposrtant than these darn cars!

It's Alive !! it's alive !!

still cutting out a lil when i get on it but i drove it home tonight....my speedo must be bad cause it hits 75 every time i take off in it very quick and it stays there.....:D
i believe my crank sensor might need some adjusting. wasnt sure on how to set it so just kinda evened out the spacing...any thoughts if that might be the cutting out...?? :confused:

Congrats for getting it running at least. Don't know why it would be cutting out but I'd check the clearence on it.

Where in Tennessee are you located i live in Murfreesboro i have a few friends that have turbo buicks i have a 86 wh1 car drop me a note

Where in Smuffyborro Bob. I had an apartment about 5 bocks from MTSU for a couple of years. Then moved to Arrington and Woodburry before I moved back to Texas.

New pics. im going to pick up turbo hood in Evansville Ind. friday

Attachments

• Photo0028.jpg
    Photo0028.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 445
  • Photo0029.jpg
    Photo0029.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 442
  • Photo0032.jpg
    Photo0032.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 440
  • Photo0034.jpg
    Photo0034.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 447
Looks awesome Ronnie! Congratulations on an awesome project! You did a great job brother! Now it's time to do those Smokey Burnouts!!!!!!;)

already been doin em lol...took my nephew for a spin couple of days ago and turned a few donuts, he was amazed. he is into the import tuner stuff and always thought i was full of crap about these Buicks. he knows the truth now.
still got alot to do to it but the sound of the exhaust and the tires squeelin turns a few heads in my small town. had a couple people who wanted to race until i got it back on the road and they rode in it, now they arent so sure.
like i told you earlier jeremy, all your help is really appreciated. and anyone else here who took time to chat on the phone with me or respond in my many threads lol your help is greatly appreciated also, thanks alot guys. more to come.......

Well i'm off to fix a small oil leak where my turbo oil feed and oil pressure gauge are connected to the block. then its off to the track. gonna run it through the 1/8 tonight in Dyersburg, Tn to see what she runs...i will let everyone know after i get back tonight......and here are a few new pics of car and my hood that is being fixed at the moment....these tires arent on it for track. i borrowed some Mickey Thompson drag radials for the track tonight....

Wish me luck...........

Attachments

• Photo0038.jpg
    Photo0038.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 276
  • Photo0039.jpg
    Photo0039.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 268
  • Photo0040.jpg
    Photo0040.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 274
  • Photo0041.jpg
    Photo0041.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 270
  • Photo0042.jpg
    Photo0042.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 272
good for you dude! Just be sure to watch for knock counts at the track tonight. And do some Smokey Burnouts for me!!!!:biggrin: