Limit Engineering TE-44 Turbo Fails

dejacky said:
Here is a picture sent to me by Majestic. What do you all think? Needs a rebuild or not?:

TE-44.jpg

I dont know much about turbos or V6s....but that doesnt look good.

Hey guys,
I can lower the cost of this rebuild if I can find a new shaft for my TE-44 (Stage 3 turbine wheel). Does anyone know where I can find a good deal on one? :confused:

Give gerry a call at 479 751-7966. he will fix or sell you the parts to fix yours. he's on top of his game and you can't beat his price :eek: . go to his website www.gpopshop.com and take a look at his work. :biggrin:

m2gn said:
Give gerry a call at 479 751-7966. he will fix or sell you the parts to fix yours. he's on top of his game and you can't beat his price :eek: . go to his website www.gpopshop.com and take a look at his work. :biggrin:
Nice website and I love the prices! How reputable is this turbo company? I'd prefer to just send the turbo to someone to have it rebuilt.

Poston also has the remote mount oil filter, with the turbo feel line. And for less money, there are several vendors that sell braided steel turbo feed lines, to replace the stock line which gets clogged over the years. Seems to me that it's almost a given that when you replace a turbo, you replace that oil feed line. Turbo vendors should see them that way- with the feel line.

I received the turbo from Majestic turbo and I must say I'm impressed with their work so far. Also, I really liked how they explained to me proper precautions to take as well as everything they've done to please me. So far, so good I must say! :cool:

I did what the guy above me said, put the oil pressure line feed at the turbo...
Chuck

84BuickGNYorkPA said:
I did what the guy above me said, put the oil pressure line feed at the turbo...
Chuck
What is the cheapest, but durable oil pressure guage i can put inline of the oil feed line before the turbo inside the engine bay?

I just took my LIMIT TE-44 off my Red T and moved it onto my latest purchase ... an 87 dark red T. The 44 has 70,000 miles on it, and I was surprised it had virtually no slop ... either in and out, or up and down. I've been running a turbo luber on it since I installed it a few years ago. I'd have to say it's the reason there is no play. ;)

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162626

Attachments

• trbosavr1.JPG
    trbosavr1.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 351
dejacky said:
No response from John Craig yet and everytime I call, he's not available. I think this just means I'm officially screwed and Limit Engineering has no intentions of helping me :( .

John is in and out of the office alot. I cant see that LE would try to crew you over. I've delt with LE for several years now & always had GREAT success. Hope you get your problem resolved. Chopper @ LE is good to deal with as well. :)

I finally got in touch with John Craig a while back and he seemed very kind and willing to help, but since I was on a time constraint, I ended up going with Majestic. I previously had a bronze 360 thrust bearing in the te-44 and Majestic Turbo told me the bronze tend to wear out quicker than their stainless steel thrust bearing..so they used a 360 degree thrust bearing instead.