Light Weight Battery

I dont know about the reliable part,but maybe (super6) can post pics of his battery.Its about a quarter of the size of a normal one,and very light compared to normal.

It may be better to just get a battery relocation kit and install the battery in the trunk for improved traction / weight distribution and to remove some weight from the frontend and you won't have to buy another battery just use the one you have now. :smile:

I've been running the Odyssey 680 at 14.5lbs for years now in both my GN and Turbo Talon. Got one just a few weeks ago with the metal jacket for $130. My Talon's got drained twice and the colder weather was causing start up issues.

They're fine as long as you don't drain them for a long time, the everyday driver thing will be fine until you really drain it and then hit a cold, cold winter. You'll want to start the car every 12 hours if you've killed it once if it sits outside.

just did an odyssey PC545 , 11.5lbs ... lost 24lbs swapping it for a std 75 series battery

forget where it came from but cost shipped was just under 120 and that was with adapter terminals($13)

summit has them but priced a little higher , the 680 meal jacket is $145 and the 545 is $115 ...plus their $10.95 order fee

Odyssey PC925

What about the PC925 at 23 lbs. Has anyone used this battery? Results?

xs power (powermaster), makes an awesome light weight battery. they have one that peaks 1000 amps, and only weighs 14 lbs. Best of all they are like $130.

Now if you want the baller of all batteries, screw everything else, XS Power is making a Lithium Ion Phosphate battery. Programmable from 12 to 16 volts. You tell it what voltage you want it to put out. Works fantastic for pro mod cars that dont use alternators. With conventional batteries by the start of the run you are at 13 volts and the end of the track 9. Not anymore. Check this out.
http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/Total Loss.pdf

Only $900. :eek:

Tell me more about this 24 lbs less battery. Does she work good ? I'm seriously interested.

not much to say
mounted it sideways against the fender well in the stock battery compartment with positive terminal to the rear , strapped it down , bolted the battery cables up and she started right up,
he drove the car to he track made three passes , ran a 10.19 and then drove it home
i did trim the little plastic hump off the floor of the battery area so it would sit without wobbling but you could just as easily put something like a plate across the entire battery tray to make it flat

http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/a...227075882-new-best-etown-gn1_head_repair9.jpg

HMM im def. interseted in possibly going to a lighter battery but being as i dont drive it much in the winter i dont want to deal with no starts on nice days...at the moment i have a optima redtop and not sure how much that weighs

that battery rocks. my huge ass battery is stuck underneath my cross braces there, and it's a pain in my backside. i'm all over that. Cant wait, thanks.

optima=crap if you really test it.

check out Kinetik's racing batteries. I've got a 950cca that is smaller than a stock battery and under 26lbs...they make one smaller than that also.