Light blue goo/scammer stuff coming out the back of the coil pack??

Never good! Sounds like your ignition module is on it's way out.

I had a BAD one like that--took it to AutoZone & it ckd-out OK?? Message--beware of in-store testers--I tossed it as soon as I returned home!

Any one know what this light blue goo scammer stuff is coming out the gasket area of the coil pack? thanks in advance.

tgamino@yahoo.com

if its still works don't worry about it---------it can be a sign of a leaking gasket between the coilpac and ignition module and a replacement of that gasket will cure it easily----------if on the other hand it is not working it really doesn't matter--------get a new one----------the blue goo is a sealant used to moisture proof the ignition module and can get soft in long use and hot days and will harden if cooled but if the gasket is bad it will leak--------- or in the event of electrical failure of an internal component----------many of the ignition packs did not use the blue goo...................RC

if its still works don't worry about it---------it can be a sign of a leaking gasket between the coilpac and ignition module and a replacement of that gasket will cure it easily----------if on the other hand it is not working it really doesn't matter--------get a new one----------the blue goo is a sealant used to moisture proof the ignition module and can get soft in long use and hot days and will harden if cooled but if the gasket is bad it will leak--------- or in the event of electrical failure of an internal component----------many of the ignition packs did not use the blue goo...................RC

In my experience, once that material goes soft it never re-hardens. Replace the coil module.

Richard, my blue goo never did harden upon cooling to RmTmp & even cold-flowed/emptied most of it's sealant goo when I placed it (tilted) in a box/bag to take to AZone for ck-out...

Richard, my blue goo never did harden upon cooling to RmTmp & even cold-flowed/emptied most of it's sealant goo when I placed it (tilted) in a box/bag to take to AZone for ck-out...

its a moisture repellant--------so what if it hardens-------no big deal as long as it doesn't leak out and let moisture get to the circuit--------if it works it works-------what else is it supposed to do ???????

cgamino,,,I think Richard answered your question properly...In my case, I lost most of my blu-goo (sealant) after getting it apart, separating the internal wires, & transporting it to AZone for ck-out...While it did ck-out OK, mine suffered from goo-gone & my electronic board/circuitry was exposed, & I just started over w/ replacement ICM...

Monitor/control total goo leakage/loss (you can silicone seal along outside edge of gasket area if necessary), & run 'er until you have a PROBLEM...

I had a coil pack go bad, seen all the soft blue goo of the ign module, what a messy, nasty and sticky compound, put on a new coil pack, the ign module lasted 8 more years, with the soft messy goo. I never took it apart to see if it hardend back and did not care. Why spend money if it works??????

Thanks
Bill

can you make a condom for the coil pack? Coat it with black silicone? If it still works that's what I would try.