LIFTER HELP

Grandn2

I spun a bearing and I only went about 1 mile when it spun. Then got it towed and started my rebuild. The cam and lifters was brand new, I put about 30-40 miles on it before spinning the bearing. My question is Do I need new lifters or can I use the ones that I have? Its a tappet cam by the way

You'll just need to clean them out and make sure they're not damaged/scarred

Water or a certain type of cleaner? It looks like normal contact wear on the cam side of the lifter, like a slight blemish

Mineral spirits to clean them. At this point I would toss them if the foot is questionable at all. Do it right or you could wipe a lobe with a lufter with a bad foot and back at metal flake oil tear down

Here's another ?... The machine shop got mad at me cause I told him my gn mechanic said I didn't need a crank tensioner on a double nonroller. The chain and the gears are extra thick and came with my 212/212 tappet cam , but ther machine shop said its stock looking so I need a tensioner. He said he'll put it together but its wrong. Somebody tell me whos the wrong 1 please.

Chain tensioner is NOT needed or used on Double Roller chain. Non Double Roller? yes to the tensioner.

Tensioner gets chewed up and sends all of debris and clogs pickup......train wreck ensues

I spun a bearing and I only went about 1 mile when it spun. Then got it towed and started my rebuild. The cam and lifters was brand new, I put about 30-40 miles on it before spinning the bearing. My question is Do I need new lifters or can I use the ones that I have? Its a tappet cam by the way
Make sure they go on the same lobe they came off of. Why did the engine blow up after a couple miles?