Lift my spirits, what will it do?

SilverSleeper

My poor 87 sits in my garage, waiting for me to accumulate enough time and money to fix things right, and not cobble together stuff just to get it to run. I would rather do it once the right way, know what I mean?

Well, anyway, to help push me along a little, how about some encouragement in the form of some guesstimates. I need some motivation, and a few pics I have of me at the track just arent doing it.
Heres what we have:

*Car:
My Grandfathers 87 Regal (handed down, he was 1st owner)
was a 307/200c/2.14 car.
Swapped in whole 87 GN drive, including LC2, 200r4, 342 geared G80 rear.
Low options, only pdl, vinyl roof

*Motor:
Stock Lc2, never been opened, with 48,000 miles. TA49 Precision with .62 housing. 009 injectors controlled by Poston 5 pos wheel chip. MAF translator + with LS1 MAF. Obvious basic fuel upgrades, hotwired 307 and adj regulator. 14" Cold air induction routed behind airdam. tie-down strap, remote mount oil filter with turbo feed line. Stock IC, will have Dutweiler neck mod on soon.

*Suspension:
Factory G80, Poly bushings, stiffening braces front and rear, Bilstein shocks front and rear, suspension techniques springs, Centerline web aluminum rims, Nitto 245/16 DRs outback.

*Other:
Poston 3" DP with converter, Hooker 2.5" cat back, VDO Boost gauge, scanmaster, turbolink. Planning on eliminating the AC system (never worked anyway) and the assorted hardware.

Only previous track times were 14.0s but at 108ish mph with only the TA 49, Fuel pump, CAI, different from a stock setup, running on street tires. Running 16#s on 94 octane with no KR on the scanmaster. My friends 69 Cutlass was running 12.9s at 105 and from his description I looked like I sat that the line then went flying past him after the 1/4 like I hit the afterburners. Had a bad trans back then that wouldnt even chirp 2nd on street tires, and would slip through 1st. It actually died the week after the runs I made. Eric's new trans is a stock rebuild, but shifts like mad, and will blow off the DRs on the 1-2 shift. Jack Cotton did the trans swap in his shop, and he drove it himself to make sure it was set to go, and he seemed pretty confident in its running condition.

Any ideas? Im gunning for an eventual 11.99 street trim car. Im just out for fun, and Im looking for some encouragement to get er done. Being flooded out of my house and garage (didnt touch the Buick) and losing tools and a car..not to mention a ton of other stuff. It set me back a lot longer than I planned, and I had a nice 2 bay garage to work in, now only a cover it portable garage where I live now.

To get it going, still needs all new fuel lines, there are cracks in the frame where the cat back is hanging (its one heavy piece), needs a rad, a battery, and to be brought back up to snuff after being put up for a couple years. Thats just to get it running. The bodywork is a whole nother story. But, keeping my grandpas car is too important to just drop the goodies in another car. Its not a basket case through. Mint interior, plus lots of other stuff, because it was indeed my Grandpa's car! :)

Had a bad trans back then that wouldnt even chirp 2nd on street tires, and would slip through 1st. It actually died the week after the runs I made. Eric's new trans is a stock rebuild, but shifts like mad, and will blow off the DRs on the 1-2 shift. Jack Cotton did the trans swap in his shop, and he drove it himself to make sure it was set to go, and he seemed pretty confident in its running condition.

Forgot to clarify... this trans is a stock rebuild 200r4, with very low easy miles on it. Eric Shertz built this trans, and I had it installed at Jack Cottons shop, so you know it was done right. It shifts crazy hard, and I love it. Blows off the DRs on the 1-2 on the street. First time I pulled across an intersection with it, it caught 2nd in the middle of the sweeping left hander, and took the whole car 180 degrees...lol. I was laughing my rear off, good thing it was early morning and no traffic. I never realized how bad off the other trans were in this car till I had one built right. Went through 3 dealer rebuilts, and one I bought off a member that was messed up and died a week after I put it in. It woke the car right up. Plus I was running on a stock 200r4 converter(not a GN spec converter) before, so it wouldnt spool the 49 worth anything, and would only manage 2-3 lbs at the line. even with the dual big rear shoes and wheel cylinder mods.

I have a G-tech, but roads to test on here stink, but a few readings I have gotten from it were looking at a 12.8 at 110 or so, give or take a tenth and a mph. For more reference, I have run my buddies 69 442, running a built 455, and he was running high 12s at the track, and we lined em up on a nice flat backroad, and I pulled a car and kept it all the way till we let off.

Getting the combo right is the key ingredient to making the car as fast as possible and making it last longer.

Why not try one of Erics chips? Any friends there with the same combo so you could try out the driveability of the 009s with Erics chip?

If the weather is nice, work on your car and get it back on the road :)

Just get it back on the road and enjoy it, i enjoy driving my daily driver silver limited, just simply a fun car to drive

If you cant fix it, at least wash it :)

BW