Lift kit questions for Chevy Tahoe

Scott A.

I've had this 97 Chevy Tahoe for almost (8) years now, and would like to do something different with it in the near future. It's really pretty clean and trouble-free for its age, and a great daily driver, but I'd like to try a 4-6" lift kit on it. Not sure what direction I want to take with the wheels and tires yet. Nothing agressive. Don't want to spend a fortune on it, I know the aftermarket wheels and tires can get pricey.

Anybody have any suggestions on which lift kit to look at for this truck? Are used kits worth looking at? Should I be looking at just a suspension lift or a combo suspension/body lift?

Thanks for the input.....

Attachments

• Tahoe2.jpg
    Tahoe2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 981
  • Tahoe1.jpg
    Tahoe1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,122
Cognito Motorsports makes a nice lift for GM trucks and SUV's but I don't see anything between 4-6 inch, they have a 7-9 inch kit.

I would call Nick at NorCal Truck he is very knowledgeable when it comes to lifts for trucks and suv's and is VERY concerned about customer questions and any problems after the sale......if you decide to buy from him.

I have personally bought from him and he will go above and beyond what most people will do.

Even if he doesn't show a kit you would like, I would call him and explain what you want to do and I would bet he has a good recommendation for you.He is usually busy so talking to him might take a bit but his guy's are also very knowledgeable also.

Look at the "Chevy Gallery" of customer pictures on NORCAL's web site and you will probably get an idea of what you like.

..:: Nor Cal Truck ::.. ..:: Home ::..
Cognito Motorsports

Good Luck!

Oh, and I would probably stay away from body lifts and any used lifts in general as it will probably be missing more parts than it's worth.