Lift installed

Steve V

Steve V's Automotive 757 560 2782
Had this all typed up last nite and the computer locked up.:mad: Anyways little less than 3 hour install. 10,000 lb Rotary symetrical 2 post,extended height lift. I had go the EH route because my ceiling is 11'4 and most need 12 ft. Other options were in ground(expensive) and base plate(dangerous for trans jack). Up stairs will be a train room someday so I can build over the parts that is up there.

I am going to relocate the saftey bar to the header that runs in the center of the garage.

The buicks go to full rise,I had a Tahoe on it and it was a little lower but I could still R&R a trans if I had to. I don't plan on putting anything bigger than a full size truck SUV.

I am tickled pink to say the least. I still need a better compressor and have to run air line around the entire shop,but my portable will do for now. Also maybe a bead blaster,and some other misc equipment as $$ allows.

Here are the pics..:biggrin:

Attachments

• P3260505 (Small).JPG
    P3260505 (Small).JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 395
  • P3260508 (Small).JPG
    P3260508 (Small).JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 426
  • P3260510.jpg
    P3260510.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 398
  • P3260512 (Small).JPG
    P3260512 (Small).JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 399
  • P3260515.jpg
    P3260515.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 433
More pics..

The pics with the buick are showing how close it is to the header and door,but that is at full rise not on the locks so no issues.

Attachments

• P3260520 (Small).JPG
    P3260520 (Small).JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 412
  • P3260522 (Small).JPG
    P3260522 (Small).JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 420
  • P3260523 (Small).JPG
    P3260523 (Small).JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 408
  • P3260524.jpg
    P3260524.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 399
  • P3260525 (Small).JPG
    P3260525 (Small).JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 392
Looks great Steve !!! Too bad you had to move so far out to have such paradise, but I'm sure it is worth it.

Let me know what you are looking for in a compressor. I've got a good friend that rebuilds compressors and comes across GREAT deals sometimes. He had a 120 gallon horizontal tank recently that would be great if you can mount it out back.

Looks great Steve !!! Too bad you had to move so far out to have such paradise, but I'm sure it is worth it.

Let me know what you are looking for in a compressor. I've got a good friend that rebuilds compressors and comes across GREAT deals sometimes. He had a 120 gallon horizontal tank recently that would be great if you can mount it out back.

Thanks guys. I am actually looking for an up right. I have a closet in the center on the back wall under the stairs. IR makes a nice 60 gallon for about $600 @Northern. It has nothing but positive reviews and is quieter than most. I am leaning towards that one when the time comes.

Tonite I installed the switch and bar on the header it kill the lifts power if the car touches it. I'll get pics in a few days.

That compressor (SS3L3) has good reviews. You may want to find a 2 stage compressor with a 5 horsepower motor that the motor turns 1725 rpm instead of 3450rpm. That would be the last compressor you will ever have to buy. The compressor turns slower, mine only turns 600rpm, which is MUCH more quiet and lasts much longer. The last compressor I had was a Quincy that was made in 1959 and I put new valves and rings/bearings in it and she is still running today...and very quiet too.

Check out the air compressor section of The Garage Journal Board - Powered by vBulletin. There's a lot of good info there.

Your Lift

Steve

Your lift is amazing. What is the ceiling height in your garage? Was
installing it yourself hard? Did you have to break your floor to mount the lift?

I would sell my wife into slavery for a lift in my garage!!!!

Roger

Steve

Your lift is amazing. What is the ceiling height in your garage? Was
installing it yourself hard? Did you have to break your floor to mount the lift?

I would sell my wife into slavery for a lift in my garage!!!!

Roger

x2 on the wife thing..seriously. 11'3 I need 12 to not modify the ceiling/roof. So my options were limited because the buliding was built before I bought the house.

I had my local rotary dealer install and certify the install/lift for my insurance
purposes. He was a aquaintence I made at the dealership were I used to work. Got a nice deal on a old stock lift and reasonable install charge. He drug it 65 miles to my house.

Been using the hell out of it so far.:smile:

Santana ..stay safe buddy...the cook out can wait till you get back in the states!