LF: turbo

34blazer

Just found my turbo is toast. Looking for a decent used turbo at a reasonable price, still have stock converter, so I don't need anything bigger than a 62/62.

Thanks!

I'll have a GT3255A for sale soon (still on my car). Works very well with a stock D5 converter. Spools like a stocker but hits harder with 18+ lbs of boost. Bought it new last October from a board member who bought it new but never installed it before he sold his car. Only has 300+ miles on it with no known issues. I only bought this turbo for temporary use while my other turbo was being rebuilt but because it works so well, I put off swapping it.

what will you be asking? and timeframe? I need to get the car over to have it inspected(VIN) to get the title changed, soon

I just ordered a new oil drain line gasket to make the swap. Guessing in about a week or week and a half before I can get to it. Looking for $445 plus shipping.

seems like it is discontinued. and the 32 series has a 51mm inducer on the comp wheel? seems tiny and boost spike might be a problem

Last edited:
The GT3255 was meant as a modern replacement for the TA49 thus performance was very similar, some would say better. 56mm comp wheel. PTE .63 exh housing. 520 hp. I do not have any boost spike. Yes, it has been discontinued just like the 49/44.

Oh 56, nice. Turbine wheel the same? Assuming its a bolt in replacement?

Sent from my DROID2 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Yes, I believe it has the same turbine as a 49/44 but not certain. Bolt in replacement for stock including wastegate. Only problem I had was getting the turbo shield to work without modifications (bolt holes didn't line up), so I just left it off. That is the one and only complaint I have with this turbo. It really is a badass little turbo. If you haven't done so already do a search here and on Turbobuicks.com. Many have run it with great results.

If your looking for something with "newer" technology contact bison. He can hook you up.

It's too late for me to get pics of it on the car but here are some just before I installed it in October. The only change will be the heat has discolored the exhaust housing some..

GT3255A - 1.jpg GT3255A - 2 .jpg GT3255A - 3.jpg GT3255A - 5.jpg GT3255A - 10.jpg

Yes, billet inlet included.

One thing to keep in mind, if you're serious, is I live in Hawaii. Shipping it out of here will be expensive. When I shipped my turbo to bison on the east coast USPS wanted $50-$60 if I recall correctly (it won't fit in a flat rate box). I ended up shipping it economy for about $35 since I wasn't in a rush. It took about 3-4 weeks if I remember :eek:. Might be a deal breaker unfortunately since you said you needed it sooner than later. Just wanted to be upfront about it.....

The other option might be to disassemble the housings so that it will fit in a flat rate box...

The GT3255 was meant as a modern replacement for the TA49 thus performance was very similar, some would say better. 56mm comp wheel. PTE .63 exh housing. 520 hp. I do not have any boost spike. Yes, it has been discontinued just like the 49/44.
I might be mistaken about the 56mm comp wheel...perhaps someone can confirm.

I've got a precision 6152e was on my car when I bought it but to small for my new set up

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have a TE-44 with garrett .63 fresh just back from Bison. Sent to get checked. Give me a call if you are interested?