Lexan T-tops

hiballin

Bettie is the boss
Does anyone know how many cars received Lexan T-tops?

I thought most had glass and I remember reading alot of Lexan panels were replaced under warranty with glass ones.

Were the Lexan tops only late in the run? My car is a late build and still retains them.

My car had glass, I thought it was the other way around...that the glass was replaced with lexan. I like the lexan for racing cause they are way lighter. I had a set, but dumb ass me fogot to lock the passenger side down. So my friend was in his GN and I saw him gun it behind me and I was in front so I nailed it and got up to about 80mph and then POOOF the damn thing went in the air about 200 ft!:eek: Luckily it glided way off the road into a corn field. So I'm back to the glass. The fit better and don't squeak as much I think.

P.S. Dig your avatar. I've painted a series of Bettie Page paintings. A few of which the Country band Big & Rich bought a couple. Here's one that I sold many years ago.

img.jpg

re:lexan t-top

I have 2 turbo T/A's. I have a lexan t-top in one of mine and the other one was recalled from GM and replaced with glass per the previous owner.