Let's try this again....BRF Tranny for sale

Pitbozz

GR8WHYT
Had a deal worked out and never heard back from the guy.
I have a BRF tagged tranny that has been sitting in the back of a truck for a couple of years. I really need to get the GF off my ass and get the truck to the junkyard. The tranny was flaring in second and will need to be rebuilt. It is out of an 87 GN. I need to get a vacuum brake conversion kit from Red Regal T, (crappy powermaster!) so if somebody has $$$ in their paypal account(he doesn't take credit cards), we can work a deal that way. Anywhooo, it would probably be better for a local pickup, but if anyone is interested let me know. I see prices all over the place for these so I don't know what to ask for it. Make an offer for a quick sale. Thanks

I am about to pull my working powermaster on my '87 GN to convert to hydro boost. I replaced my accumulator bowl about 6 months before I spun a bearing in my engine... that has had me down for the past year. My powermaster has worked fine... I just want to convert to hydroboost. I would be willing to pull it and meet in say Monroe and make the swap......

It might even be possible for me (if you are interested) to ship my powermaster to a brother-in-law's brother that manages a Peterbuilt dealership in Shrevport.... maybe I could ship the powermaster to him.... get you to come to the dealership with the tranny... and swap....he could bring the tranny back to Mississippi when he comes back this way.....

You interested?

Joe....The conversion kit is $165, so I gusee in that range.

Blazer....that sounds possible. How many miles are on the powermaster?

I think I've got a trip to Texarkana coming up Feb 9 or 10. If you could wait for pick-up till then I could get you paid through PayPal unless Blazer gets there first.

You know; it would be cheaper to find someone else to take the girlfriend.

Good Luck,

Joe

Blazer....that sounds possible. How many miles are on the powermaster?

I can't tell you...

I bought the car from the original owner..... it had been replaced at least once before maybe two times... I'm not sure when.... when I got the car... it had 139k miles... As soon as I got it.... the brake light would come on momentarily when you would hit the brakes.... upon much reading and investigation.... I determined it was likely the accumulator ball..... which at the time... you couldn't get anymore.... and the ones for sale on the board.... were hundreds of dollars..... I ended up buying a GM one used from a guy here on the board... that thought his issue was the ball.... replaced it with this one.... then it didn't solve his issue. He put his old one back on... and ended up doing something else. It hadn't been used but to test his system.

The second I installed it... it did fix my problem... never saw the brake light again..... and also has never has blown a fuse.....

Now my car has 159k miles.

That is as much as I know.

Well, I guess I better keep this at the top. Again, I thought I had a deal lined up but I haven't heard back from him.

Blazer...still considering your trade. Just don't know if I want to trust a used powermaster or not.

Let me know what kind of deal you're looking for; and if you can wait a couple of weeks for me to make the pickup. I don't mind paying now.

Thanks,

Joe

I could just pay you outright if you would drop it by the Peterbuilt dealership... after I talk to them....

Vacuum Brake Setup!

I HAVE A VACUUM BRAKE SET UP OF AN 87 MONTE CARLO (G-BODY), IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A TRADE FOR THE TRANNY, LET ME KNOW. THANKS, CLUSOLYNN. YOU CAN CONTACT ME HERE OR CALL 386-719-6814 OR AT clusolynn@excite.com.:cool: