Let's talk Knock Sensors, ESC modules.

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
I just trashed #3 main bearing in my new build. I had detonation. I now need to research why it occurred without anything in the system alerting to retard. I also want to trouble shoot all the sensors, esc module, etc.

Here is what I have

FAST XFI 2.0. It was verified by Cal today that the tune did not look abnormal and the ESC was setup properly. SO ECU is set up to trigger.

Standard brand KR sensor. I need to know about this sensor and if it is a narrow harmonic, or mass value KR. Different frequencies will trigger the KR, so any heads up what you think our KR sensors operate would be great. I probably cannot test the sensor without an engine...as it is heading to Phoenix!

ESC module. I am using a BLO ESC module which is the less sensitive ESC from 84-86. Is there a way to test to insure it is working properly.

I may just be shit out of luck till the engine comes back, then can use an extension, etc to see if I get a voltage reading, or watch retard degrees.

I have a fuel delivery issue, and now about it. I know what to do to fix it. I just want a heads up...which never freaking happened.

Only way I know to test it is with engine running and it has to be above 1k(I think) and you tap the engine with a small hammer and it should make the rpms drop. It is on gnttype.org. Caspers might have something to test it???

If the XFI has the capability to use wide band knock sensors, I go that route.
Testing the KS, at least with the GM ECM, the engine needs to be running. You could possibly set up a test bench and test the ESC that way. HTH