Let's talk about garage lifts!

I'm the guy. It's a ProPark lift. My back loves it. ;)
A shout out to David And Ray for all the help.

Paul

Did you order it online? If so got a link to it?

Speaking of garages, I'm looking at a 40x40 metal garage, insulated with 14 foot walls for something like $23K including the concrete, the wall studs are 4x6 treated lumber the rest is metal. I can do the wiring and lights myself, add some shelves and cabinets and counters to work on, and a 2 post lift and a 4 post (mostly for parking my not so daily drivers) and I figure on building a paint booth into one corner. Throw a big window unit AC in and a gas heater or two and I should be cooking, anyone got a similar setup, pros/cons of this idea?

I have a Eagle Maximizer lift (9000 lb). I got it almost 6 yrs ago and have had no troubles with it. Not the most expensive, paid 2500.00 for it.

Attachments

• P1010330.jpg
    P1010330.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 173
I just helped a buddy put in a BENDPAK 4 post 9k lift this week. He got it for $3k shipped. It was an easy install, the cable routing was a snap and the lift is real good quality with pneumatic safety lock releases. He couldnt buy direct so they gave him the following dealer as a go through guy.

Gabe @ Garage Equipment Supply, (800) 261-7729

Im not sure where they are located but they drop shipped the lift direct to him from BendPak..

Hope this helps you out.

Did you order it online? If so got a link to it?

Speaking of garages, I'm looking at a 40x40 metal garage, insulated with 14 foot walls for something like $23K including the concrete, the wall studs are 4x6 treated lumber the rest is metal. I can do the wiring and lights myself, add some shelves and cabinets and counters to work on, and a 2 post lift and a 4 post (mostly for parking my not so daily drivers) and I figure on building a paint booth into one corner. Throw a big window unit AC in and a gas heater or two and I should be cooking, anyone got a similar setup, pros/cons of this idea?

This is where I got mine from
Pro Park 8 Plus - 4 Post Lift: Residential Above Ground Automotive Lifts and Motorcycle Lifts
I actually went to the showroom to see it first hand, and talked to the salesman about it.
Google ProPark 8 and you might come up with a local distributer.

Wish I had a garage like the one you describe
Paul

I got a ProPark 4 post last fall. For the money you can't beat it. They shipped it from Indiana to the closest freight terminal to me (Elgin, IL) for, I think $150. I rented a 16' truck from Penske, and they loaded it in. It measured about 36" high x 24" wide x 14' long. Backed the truck up to my garage, my son and I disassembled it in the truck and put it in the garage in pieces. Only had to rent the truck for about 4 hours total.

I also raised the rafters in my garage by 2' in that one stall to get extra height so i could raise it fully with a car on it. I put the lift in before finishing the drywall on the ceiling and worked from on top of it. Sure made that job easier.

Be sure to level it to within 1/2", and I recommend bolting it to the floor. I didn't at first, and it tended to "walk" when you use it. Plus, it's much more stable when bolted. Don't believe what they say. I wouldn't work under it with out bolting it to the floor.