Let's all just lose our minds........

Natural Gas is a water heaters best friend. :)

That's for sure, can't beat NG for efficiency. Last year for heating season, which I look at as October-April Gas was about $550 including hot water. What's sucks is now they want a 26% increase in electricity hikes. Why the f'n state of ny ever allowed a spanish company to buy the electric company is pure stupidity.

20200321_174747.jpg

No, and that is mindless to think that is what anybody is saying. If we crash the economy it will make the virus look like a blip on the misery index. Greed is equal opportunity and so is starvation. It is mindless to think that crashing the economy won't dwarf the body count from the virus. Every business is a life sustaining business. Somebody collects a pay check to purchase the things that sustains their life. Stupid pussies shutting everything down, are they going to answer for the consequences? Are you the ultimate discriminator with crystal ball to say what is going to be worse? And if anybody is pushing the hysteria to collapse the economy to make anybody look bad, they are evil. Just because their are filthy greedy power mongers does not make it wrong to put the economy ahead of the virus, it means that people like me think the economic consequences may be worse than the virus.

The libtards will never get over their hate it seems. They're clueless about history and a depression now will be X times worse then 1929. Back in those following years 10s of 1,000s starved to death and that's with the vast majority of Americans living on farms. Today you give the average tard a pack of seeds to plant and they'd give the deer in the headlights stare. And think of the billions that would be lost because of the riots. A couple of years ago they were interviewing tards coming out of the grocery store and asked them where the food came from and almost all said it was made at the store. :eek:
You're 1,000% right the economic outcome will be way way worse than the virus ever could be.

no doom and gloom here ... but I do buy extra stuff ...especially deodorant ..I dont want to run out LOL....

You can be sure any prepper isn't in panic mode like 95 % of the sheeple. And the smart prepper always has good supply of prep-aration H to go with his or her shower in a can. :LOL:

Just picked up a cool little Sonoma so spent the day driving around, it looked like 35 years ago everyon e was out riding bikes, shooting hoops, just playing in general enjoying the sunshine, when we get over this crap I think some people are gonna reprioritize a little bit

Doom and Gloom is the Democrats absolute and best offence/defense. Always has been........ They thrive upon it to divide the country, their purpose in the overall destruction of a free country.

Doesn't matter what side they are on, as long as it's politically expeditious and serves to take away liberties, give power to government and ruin our way of life.

And yes, RafsT....... Fuck those assholes.
So you're mad that they try and divide the country so you say fuck them? How does that help bring the country together? Sounds like you want it divided too. It's sad how much this country split. It seems like a lot of people said this shits been going forever, but man I just don't see that. It seems like this shit show started a decade ago or so. I'm going to blame the internet myself.

But in all seriousness I fee like this is a very urgent matter that requires drastic measures. From what I've read this virus kills at a rate of 4%. The swine flue killed at a rate of .02%. Swine flu spread to 50 million Americans. Now if this spreads like the swine flu and continues to kill at the same percentage it will mean MILLIONS of Americans will die. Everyone seems to be brushing this off, but doctors in Italy had to stand there and decide which person they were looking at was going to live and which was going to die because there simply wasn't enough equipment to go around. I would hate to see that happen here. And I'll use my hand sanatizer because I don't want to accidentally kill someones mother/grandmother or father/grandfather. Just wish you guys would be a little more careful. Ok...my rant is over :)

Wonder why he didn't go rouge and back feed the house after throwing the main circuit breaker. Use to be able to order the double male plug with a generator but don't think you can anymore. My fridge is 21 years old and the little 2k Honda didn't even speed up while on eco-mode although it won't run a 1hp 38yo craftsman air compressor since the startup amps are too much. The portable a/c units are great in emergency. And don't forget your hot water heater has a nice supply if needed.
Kerosene heater is your friend up north in the winter and having a basement in the summer can be free air conditioning.
I back feed through the electric range outlet. Not convenient, but it works. I would have put a 240 outlet in the garage but the breaker box is full. May put a sub panel in one day to get more power to the garage. As you mentioned just have to make sure to open the main breaker first, and make sure generator is unplugged when turning it back on. I think it may not be legal in some places, because it poses a hazard to line men, so a lot of people put in a 3 pole switch with the essentials in a separate panel to isolate from the main box when using the generator. It is a little pricey and a pain in the ass to install. Most of the stuff does not draw too much. Electric ranges, clothes dryers, electric hot water heaters, electric heat, and AC are the big consumers. If heat and hot water are fossil fuel based then anybody can get along for quite a while so long as the gas does not run out.

My wife has been laid off indefinitely.... maybe until may ... the trickle down effect of this is very serious and very scary... the uncertainty of when they will allow certain jobs back to operation like the dental field ....as that what she is in.... will depend on many factors ...
The economic effects are seen all over, and getting worse.
My daughter is in the med field, too, as an RN/midwife. She had to fly from Shitcago, to Jax, yesterday.
Midway airport had MAYBE 10 people in the vid she sent me.
There were approximately 20 passengers on the flt. I wondered how long that could go on, before the airline is broke. No more than a minute, after had I received the pic, she said her Wednesday flt to Cali was cancelled, and there was only 2 other flts still listed.
Being a travelling nurse, her income is dependent on transportation.
NOT GOOD!

I back feed through the electric range outlet. Not convenient, but it works. I would have put a 240 outlet in the garage but the breaker box is full. May put a sub panel in one day to get more power to the garage. As you mentioned just have to make sure to open the main breaker first, and make sure generator is unplugged when turning it back on. I think it may not be legal in some places, because it poses a hazard to line men, so a lot of people put in a 3 pole switch with the essentials in a separate panel to isolate from the main box when using the generator. It is a little pricey and a pain in the ass to install. Most of the stuff does not draw too much. Electric ranges, clothes dryers, electric hot water heaters, electric heat, and AC are the big consumers. If heat and hot water are fossil fuel based then anybody can get along for quite a while so long as the gas does not run out.

nooooo.... if you're going to back feed through a plug in your house...make sure you close...turn off the main breaker...not open....im sure that's what you meant ....

The economic effects are seen all over, and getting worse.
My daughter is in the med field, too, as an RN/midwife. She had to fly from Shitcago, to Jax, yesterday.
Midway airport had MAYBE 10 people in the vid she sent me.
There were approximately 20 passengers on the flt. I wondered how long that could go on, before the airline is broke. No more than a minute, after had I received the pic, she said her Wednesday flt to Cali was cancelled, and there was only 2 other flts still listed.
Being a travelling nurse, her income is dependent on transportation.
NOT GOOD!
SMH...NOT GOOD ...is an understatement ....worried...trying to stay busy around the house today ....

nooooo.... if you're going to back feed through a plug in your house...make sure you close...turn off the main breaker...not open....im sure that's what you meant ....
Yup, it's an electrical term, so I may have stated it incorrectly, do not want to pass the wrong information. Turn off the main breaker when generator is connected. I was in the middle of counting my toilet paper rolls when I was typing that, which is a very stressful exercise, so apologize for any possible misstatement.

Yup, it's an electrical term, so I may have stated it incorrectly, do not want to pass the wrong information. Turn off the main breaker when generator is connected. I was in the middle of counting my toilet paper rolls when I was typing that, which is a very stressful exercise, so apologize for any possible misstatement.
what's the count Nigel...im running low and have started rations for my wife ...as she uses way too much...times are changing around here....LOL...there are many idiots using generators around here during power outages... like using inadequate extension cables and burning their shit up .. I turn all my breakers off then pick and choose which ones to turn on...and when I kick the ac on I make sure the fan is off on my air handler...then bring it on after the initial start up...lessens the load on my generator...

what's the count Nigel...im running low and have started rations for my wife ...as she uses way too much...times are changing around here....LOL...there are many idiots using generators around here during power outages... like using inadequate extension cables and burning their shit up .. I turn all my breakers off then pick and choose which ones to turn on...and when I kick the ac on I make sure the fan is off on my air handler...then bring it on after the initial start up...lessens the load on my generator...
I'm down to a 203 rolls, and it is causing me to really stress out. I'm not sure I have enough to share.

Governor of NY said today 40 to 80 percent of the population will end up with the Coronavirus. So why the fuck are we stoping the country let’s get back to business as usual. In the past 2 weeks I’m out 25k. It cost a lot to keep my small business afloat and now they want me to just close my doors? I don’t know how any small business will be able to bounce back after this and honestly I don’t know how long I’m gonna be able pay 5 guys and rent without income much longer. It’s a family business that’s been around since 1926 and now we’re facing closing cause of this situation.